The Student Room Group

Formula One Engineer's Salary?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Brainss
Mechanical Engineering is not bad at all, I'm sure there are Mechanical Engineering graduates in F1. Automotive would be suitable though.

However from what I've read in the past, aeronautical Engineering is particularly sought after in F1. It makes sense because aerodynamics are crucial in F1 engineering.

I know this is a very old post, but the part in bold may change with the 2014 changes. They're trying to remove as much down force from the cars as possible, so I reckon that the actual mechanics (suspension etc) of the car could become much more important than they are now.
Reply 41
Original post by Vip3rgt9
I know this is a very old post, but the part in bold may change with the 2014 changes. They're trying to remove as much down force from the cars as possible, so I reckon that the actual mechanics (suspension etc) of the car could become much more important than they are now.

They might be changing, but they engineers and aerdynamicists will look everywhere to gain it back.
A few starting salaries from last couple years that I know of. Probably role dependent but they were all grad jobs.

Ferrari: €30k
Force India: £25k
Renault: £27k
Red Bull: £33k
Mercedes High Performance Powertrains: £27k

Those ones are the only ones I know for certain but I expect others are similar. Most teams operate win/podium bonuses as well.
Reply 44
Original post by IntoTheVoid
A few starting salaries from last couple years that I know of. Probably role dependent but they were all grad jobs.

Ferrari: €30k
Force India: £25k
Renault: £27k
Red Bull: £33k
Mercedes High Performance Powertrains: £27k

Those ones are the only ones I know for certain but I expect others are similar. Most teams operate win/podium bonuses as well.

Some nice figures. Do they increase much?
Reply 45
don't think money first,if you do your job well money comes...find for you the right education.

Quick Reply

Latest