The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophiaKeuning

Original post by SophiaKeuning
Modesty, dear! And dear LORD if absolutely everyone walked 'round in the nude our eyes would be sore. And maybe to express ourselves.

Yeah, some people look awful even with clothes on. :o:
Reply 21
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Well yeah, but if we never had to wear clothes, seeing people with erections would just be normal. Nobody would bat an eyelid.

You definitely would bat an eyelid at some.
Original post by simstar88
You definitely would bat an eyelid at some.

Not if we were used to it we wouldn't. If this kind of thing had been going on for hundreds of years, nobody would care. It's like, i'm sure guys would eventually just get bored of seeing boobs on display 24/7.
Reply 23
Not if we were used to it we wouldn't. If this kind of thing had been going on for hundreds of years, nobody would care. It's like, i'm sure guys would eventually just get bored of seeing boobs on display 24/7.

I see clevage each day, I still look everyday.
I'd say it was originally so we didn't freeze. Now it's just the done thing.
Because it would be as cold as hell if we didn't
Reply 26
Social conditioning and nothing more.
Reply 27
Original post by Pet Suicide
Because it would be as cold as hell if we didn't

Oh really? And when did hell freeze over? :hmmm:
Original post by simstar88
I see clevage each day, I still look everyday.

Well yeah, but that's because it's the social norm to keep your knockers hidden. If they were constantly on display, it would nothing out of the ordinary. Eg, arms and legs being out.
Reply 29
It's so that nakedness is more exciting.
Reply 30
Protection, warmth, privacy.

/thread
I reckon girls should but boys shouldn't. But not if they are chubs
In all seriousness, why do we wear clothes? I know without, we'd freeze in the likes of winter.......

But, forget getting cold and all that. Why do we wear clothes?

We were all born naked, yet if we were to walk around town naked, we'd be arrested for indecent exposure......WHY? It's nature, it's natural, why should we have to wear clothes? Animals are born without any, yet we don't care when they are parading around with their bits hanging out.........so why do humans?

I'm not saying it's wrong that we wear clothes, it's just something I was thinking the other day, why do we have to wear clothes when we aren't born that way?

Discuss.

we all do it just so we don't have to look at your disgusting body :wink:
Reply 33
I think they are various reasons. The main really being that is a social idea and expectation, hence becoming a standadised part of our modern society. Secondly in countries which can be on the equater or in very hot and dry places, clothes will be worn to protect the skin from the sun and heat. In the cases of people from cold countries they will be worn for the warmth and in some cases like when skiing to protect a person from the suns ray reflecting off snow.

So a simple question with many answers i guess.
Reply 34
I'm sure religion had a lot to do with it.
Reply 35
Covering up makes people sexually attracted to each other. In many African tribes breasts are not seen as sexually arousing, as they are seen all the time in the open. I assume that if humans saw vaginas or penises all the time they would be less sexually arousing.

Also girls need something to cover up their menstration.
Reply 36
To keep warm/cool, basically. Then people just got used to the whole idea.

If you think about it, when you're having a shower/bath in the morning in winter, the first thing you do when you get out is wrap a towel around yourself, yes? Well, I think a similar thing probably happened. It got cold, there was an animal skin on the floor, they wrapped it around themselves and warmed up. Then they thought it'd be smart to wear it all the time...
Reply 37
In all seriousness, why do we wear clothes? I know without, we'd freeze in the likes of winter.......

But, forget getting cold and all that. Why do we wear clothes?

We were all born naked, yet if we were to walk around town naked, we'd be arrested for indecent exposure......WHY? It's nature, it's natural, why should we have to wear clothes? Animals are born without any, yet we don't care when they are parading around with their bits hanging out.........so why do humans?

I'm not saying it's wrong that we wear clothes, it's just something I was thinking the other day, why do we have to wear clothes when we aren't born that way?

Discuss.

I don't see the point in clothes either.

It just slows me down :sexface:
Reply 38
Join a naturalist community or stop whining.
Original post by KayK
Join a naturalist community or stop whining.

Yeah because i'm really whining aren't i :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending