The Student Room Group

UCAS french studies with Russian or Japanese ab initio

hi
im applying to study french for sure at uni but i want to do another languages. Recently, ruled our spanish,portuguese and italian because i would like to take on a language from east europe. I am a big fan of russian history and culture and therefore would really like to do that. Does anyone recommend any good courses/anyone doing this degree at uni;;;please contact me...
but because of the economic situation and with Japan being really technologically advanced perhaps that would be of more benefit to me.
I don't know or maybe chinese coz they're like taking over the world:biggrin: However, less uni's do this course. Its only birmingham some other places.

Does any one know what the entry requirements for 'Languages and culture' at UCL is...i want to do French and ab initio russian or something else. The website is not clear enought. A-level predicted grades---any one know. Do they have Gcse requirements too.

Please---i need someone's opinion.

x
Reply 1
no-one bothered replying to help me:frown:
Reply 2
Original post by karema66
hi
im applying to study french for sure at uni but i want to do another languages. Recently, ruled our spanish,portuguese and italian because i would like to take on a language from east europe. I am a big fan of russian history and culture and therefore would really like to do that. Does anyone recommend any good courses/anyone doing this degree at uni;;;please contact me...
but because of the economic situation and with Japan being really technologically advanced perhaps that would be of more benefit to me.
I don't know or maybe chinese coz they're like taking over the world:biggrin: However, less uni's do this course. Its only birmingham some other places.

Does any one know what the entry requirements for 'Languages and culture' at UCL is...i want to do French and ab initio russian or something else. The website is not clear enought. A-level predicted grades---any one know. Do they have Gcse requirements too.

Please---i need someone's opinion.

x

Judging from your reasons, I'd suggest you not take Japanese or Chinese. Take a language because you're in love with it, not because it's important to the society external to you. :yep:

Have you checked the UCAS website?
Reply 3
Original post by asparkyn

Judging from your reasons, I'd suggest you not take Japanese or Chinese. Take a language because you're in love with it, not because it's important to the society external to you. :yep:

Have you checked the UCAS website?

cheers for the advice...i will be doing french and russian....
Reply 4
Original post by karema66
cheers for the advice...i will be doing french and russian....

Ah, no problem. Anybody'd give you the same advice, to be honest. Enjoy your course!
Reply 5

are you at uni/////what course r u doin
lol

Latest