The Student Room Group

Marks and spencer grad

Hi there,

I have just applied for the M & S grad scheme, done my OPQ and waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone heard anything? thx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied for the IT grad scheme I still need to do the online verbal reasoning and other tests. How did you find them any tips you could give. Also I currently work for them as a sales assistant do you think it would give any advantage.
Reply 2
I've got no idea whether working for them would give u any advantages, but i should think so:smile:. As for the tests, i did the talent screener( they give u situations and ask u to chose what u would do), verbal test( a passage with a sentence and u have to chose if it's true, false or cannot say- TIP: just take the sentence as it is and do not analyse it a lot), then i did an OPQ test, and now waiting for their reply!!! i didn't do any numerical test although i was expecting one:confused::confused: anyways, good luck on ur app, n let me know if u hear anything plz...
Reply 3
yeah i will do
Reply 4
HI.
I have just done the application and now onto the reasoning tests. I dont want to do them straight away as it said on the application section that you could practice as many times as you - just want to get a feel for them.
Do you know where this is possible? Do you just start it? Cannot do the final tests today so dont want to press anything wrong and see the time limit go down and just have to do it

Hope your applications went well

Jess
x
Reply 5
Original post by jess_n
HI.
I have just done the application and now onto the reasoning tests. I dont want to do them straight away as it said on the application section that you could practice as many times as you - just want to get a feel for them.
Do you know where this is possible? Do you just start it? Cannot do the final tests today so dont want to press anything wrong and see the time limit go down and just have to do it

Hope your applications went well

Jess
x

I am pretty sure they have a few practice questions which when completed gives you the option to move on to the real test or take the practice questions again. I think it was SHL so maybe take some of the practice verbal and numericals on the website?
Reply 6
Hey. Thanks il try have a look at that :biggrin:
Is it just those 2 that the test involve?
Many Thanks
Jess
x
Reply 7
Original post by jess_n
Hey. Thanks il try have a look at that :biggrin:
Is it just those 2 that the test involve?
Many Thanks
Jess
x

Yeh it's just verbal and numerical :smile:
Has anyone heard back? I think that I completely messed up the numerical, but the page says that it will be reviewed after the 17th of december. Does this mean i've passed because i didn't get an automatic rejection? I wouldn't imagine they need an HR person to look at a number and realise it's smaller than the accepted number.
m+s
Your application is complete and will be reviewed after the closing date of 17th December. Should you be successful, you will be invited to proceed to the next stage.
Reply 9
Original post by Callipygian

Original post by Callipygian
Has anyone heard back? I think that I completely messed up the numerical, but the page says that it will be reviewed after the 17th of december. Does this mean i've passed because i didn't get an automatic rejection? I wouldn't imagine they need an HR person to look at a number and realise it's smaller than the accepted number.

They probably decide what scores they will and won't accept after they see how well their whole group of applicants do. Whether you get through probably depends on the performance of others.
Hi,

I want to apply 2011 grad programme, but cant find any information on the website for exact degree requirements for the routes i'm interested in: Buyer, Marketing & HR. Does anyone know what they usually accept?

thanks
did you do the numerical test straight after the verbal? i did the verbal and haven't heard anything else
Hiya, I just completed both of them and am waiting to hear back from them. I thought the numerical test was quite difficult and didnt even have enough time to do it
Reply 13
Hi there, did anyone have to wait long after their OPQ to see if they passed that and on to numerical? Just done my OPQ about an hour ago.
Cheers
Reply 14
hi has anyone heard back from m&s yet??
they sent me an email saying that my application is currently being 'reviewed'.

all this waiting is doing my head in!!
I got an email on 15th December saying that I'd passed the online tests and had been moved on to the telephone interview stage.

From what I can remember, all of the interview slots were during January so if you have got through I expect you'll be hearing from them in the next few days.
Reply 16
I got an email just before christmas (21st i think) saying i had an assessment centre interview for the 2011 intake which is in January
Reply 17
Which role did you guys apply for?

I'm wondering whether they're doing each in phases :smile:
Reply 18
I applied for Retail Management, the Selling scheme
Reply 19
Ah, cheers! I imagine they must be prioritising the Retail Management scheme as I've heard that receives the most applicants usually :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending