The Student Room Group

What to wear to a Veterinary Interview???

Cant seem to find any information on this on here already so thought I would start a new forum, as I have no clue what to wear to a Veterinary Interview? If anyone could help with what they and others were wearing that would be great. And how formal it has to be as well?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you can't go wrong with fur :smile:, maybe an ivory bracelet too
Probably just something quite smart:

-Black/grey trousers
-shirt/blouse (any colour)
-smart shoes (probably black flats/pumps or black heels
-cardigan (if its cold)

Can't imagine you'd go wrong wearing this! :smile:
Reply 3
yeah thats along the lines of what i was thinking. thanks!
I wore a blazer (black),black flat or small heeled black shoes, black trousers, and a white blouse :smile:.
Reply 5
I'm assuming you are talking about an entrance interview at vet school?
I've seen hoards of students around the faculty over the years who have come for an interview. It always amazes me as to how untidy they are! I've seen jeans, trainers, hoodies to mention just a few......
I would advise on dressing very smartly. First impressions count for a lot, and the interviewer may think that the way you dress reflects your outlook on your approach to life/your studies. A smart look gives you a professional image and the interview could be a make or break situation for your career.

If you are going to a vet placement/job interview then the situation is different as you may be expected to do things, so dressing for practical work is best.

Good luck, hope you get in x
Suit/business attire if you want to come across as professional and committed. Plus it shows that you respect your interviewers.
Reply 7
is suit and buisness stuff all black and white or would like grey trousers and a coloured shirt be the same. in the rare chance i get an interview i don't want to look like i've just come from school :\
Original post by Lucy_x
is suit and buisness stuff all black and white or would like grey trousers and a coloured shirt be the same. in the rare chance i get an interview i don't want to look like i've just come from school :\

You've got to look smart - grey trousers, a plain white blouse and a pastel coloured cardigan would be fine but Hawaiian shirts are definitely out of the question.
if i we were the interviewer id like to see you in a bikini.
Reply 10
Original post by ch0c0h01ic
You've got to look smart - grey trousers, a plain white blouse and a pastel coloured cardigan would be fine but Hawaiian shirts are definitely out of the question.

haha thanks :smile: p.s. by coloured i meant like dark purple or something :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Lucy_x
...... in the rare chance i get an interview ......

Think positive :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by ponyvet
Think positive :wink:

i don't wanna jinx it/let myself down :tongue:
Original post by Siddd
you can't go wrong with fur :smile:, maybe an ivory bracelet too

I was going to say fur coat and a poodle hat :redface: Have a thumb up.
Original post by --f-u-n-k-y-x

Original post by --f-u-n-k-y-x
Cant seem to find any information on this on here already so thought I would start a new forum, as I have no clue what to wear to a Veterinary Interview? If anyone could help with what they and others were wearing that would be great. And how formal it has to be as well?

skin a bear and wear its skin
Reply 15
i wore smart trousers, pumps, a blazer and then a less smart tshirt underneath in an exciting colour because i didnt want to blend in too much!!! but its all about what makes you feel comfortable (up to a point obviously) theres no point dressing in a full suit if you feel ridiculous!!
Reply 16
I am going down the full skirt suit route because at least then I can't worry that I will be rejected for being scruffy. (having said this its a black suit ans have 3 black and white dogs by the time I leave house I will be coated in dog hairs)
Reply 17
Be smart! Its a professional career, therefore you need to look professional. At my interview day there were people in jeans and trainers, they really did stick out like a sore thumb. Don't think in a full suit you'll be over dress either, many people were wearing them. I wore smart grey trousers, black shoes, black shirt and a cardigan.
Reply 18
I wore smart grey/black trousers, a white shirt with a sweater-y thing over it and flat, black shoes. I felt comfortable in it and didn't look over/under dressed, I don't think. I saw quite a lot of people where boots, which I thought looked a bit odd and made a lot of noise! It's always better to be over- than under-dressed.
Original post by Lucy_x

Original post by Lucy_x

i wore grey trousers, a pink and white striped shirt and a black waistcoat.

its better to go too smart than too casual, there were plenty of people wearing full suits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending