Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do city and guilds count towards ucas and getting into uni ?

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do city and guilds count towards ucas and getting into uni ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, can you elaborate? What do you mean by "city and guilds"?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, City & Guilds courses aren't listed anywhere on the UCAS Tariff, so I'm assuming they don't have a points value. That said, lots of institutions say they'll count a level 3 C&G qualification as equivalent to 2 A levels.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Unless you're applying for a course that is directly associated with the City & Guilds you have.

I did Television and Video production, as well as Radio & Journalism, with 2 other A Levels, which was easily the equivalent of 6 A Levels and they count for jack unless you apply for media courses at uni (Let’s be honest, anybody can get onto a media course. I know degree graduates who’ve got less production skills than me).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This may be a bit late now, but you can put City & Guilds qualifications on UCAS Apply under qualifications -> Vocational ->City and Guilds (not NVQs)

For NVQs these are under qualifications -> Occupational -> NVQ

I have an NCFE level 2 in computer hardware, don't know where to put it tho, as NCFE not under any of the boards they've listed. May have to put in the Other section.
Updated: October 30, 2005
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.