Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do city and guilds count towards ucas and getting into uni ?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do city and guilds count towards ucas and getting into uni ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, can you elaborate? What do you mean by "city and guilds"?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, City & Guilds courses aren't listed anywhere on the UCAS Tariff, so I'm assuming they don't have a points value. That said, lots of institutions say they'll count a level 3 C&G qualification as equivalent to 2 A levels.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Unless you're applying for a course that is directly associated with the City & Guilds you have.

I did Television and Video production, as well as Radio & Journalism, with 2 other A Levels, which was easily the equivalent of 6 A Levels and they count for jack unless you apply for media courses at uni (Let’s be honest, anybody can get onto a media course. I know degree graduates who’ve got less production skills than me).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This may be a bit late now, but you can put City & Guilds qualifications on UCAS Apply under qualifications -> Vocational ->City and Guilds (not NVQs)

For NVQs these are under qualifications -> Occupational -> NVQ

I have an NCFE level 2 in computer hardware, don't know where to put it tho, as NCFE not under any of the boards they've listed. May have to put in the Other section.
Updated: October 30, 2005
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.