The Student Room Group

AS resits, A2 and job on sat and sun?HELP ME

I~ just got a job, for which i'll be working from 10am-6 30pm on saturday and sunday, these are the only shift times

I have history unit 1, unit 2, eco a2, politics unit 2 and history coursework in january
And for the saturday and sunday, i thought i'll just do my work and revision, when i get home?and before, i go to work?

Has anyone ever been able to have a job resits and a2 and managed to get really good grades? the pay is really good for my job, and i need some money saved up for uni, and need it for well me...
it's my first job :frown:

So, any help? quit job? or learn to manage time and keep it
Reply 1
I had a 29 hour job during my exam period and I ended up with A*AB. It's all about time management. You should be okay, 10-6.30 isn't really a bad shift, at least you could do some revision in the morning/when you're back and then you can do them after school? It'll be more difficult, obviously, but you can manage it. It'll look good on your C.V. and if it's a christmas job shouldn't it end early january anyway? or is it for longer?
I have three resits, English and History coursework, A2 and a weekend job which is only Saturdays. I have to admit if it wasn't for my one day off a week I would not be able to do anywhere near the work I need to and from the weeks I've worked both days of the weekend I have hated the fact I haven't been able to get a lie in for weeks. You need a day off to catch up with work, and that's coming from someone in more or less the same position.

In all reality having a job and money for uni is pointless if the job means you neglect your studies and don't end up getting the grades you need. Have a chat with your boss and see what they say, otherwise I would personally leave the job, 17 hours a weekend is too much. Even if you could get it down to 12 hours over the weekend, that makes a lot of difference energy and motivation wise.
Reply 3
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I have three resits, English and History coursework, A2 and a weekend job which is only Saturdays. I have to admit if it wasn't for my one day off a week I would not be able to do anywhere near the work I need to and from the weeks I've worked both days of the weekend I have hated the fact I haven't been able to get a lie in for weeks. You need a day off to catch up with work, and that's coming from someone in more or less the same position.

In all reality having a job and money for uni is pointless if the job means you neglect your studies and don't end up getting the grades you need. Have a chat with your boss and see what they say, otherwise I would personally leave the job, 17 hours a weekend is too much. Even if you could get it down to 12 hours over the weekend, that makes a lot of difference energy and motivation wise.

I really don't know what to do tbh, i guess ic an read on the train. okay..

Ehrm, i guess i have no choice but to wake up at 5, revise till 6:30, leave at 7:30 for job, come home at 8, work

To be honest, wouldn't i do that many hours anyway lol? i'd wake up at 1 on a saturday, not start work till 6/7
Reply 4
i would ask to do either saturday or sunday because at least then you have one day off and your still working quite a lot of hours so money will still be coming in.
Reply 5
Original post by emmakh123
i would ask to do either saturday or sunday because at least then you have one day off and your still working quite a lot of hours so money will still be coming in.

I just realised this was just the training, havnt got teh job unless i pass the training lol but it's a minimum of 14 hours according to what is written down on the sheets, but the manager said it was a 0 hour contract? so im confused
Reply 6
Original post by helpneeded-a
I just realised this was just the training, havnt got teh job unless i pass the training lol but it's a minimum of 14 hours according to what is written down on the sheets, but the manager said it was a 0 hour contract? so im confused

i think its that you're expected to do 14hrs but the employer doesnt have to always give you that many. my contract is 4hrs at work - i have to do 4 hours a week and they have to give me that many hours minimum. by having a 0 hour contract, they dont have to give you any shifts if they dont want to.
Reply 7
Original post by emmakh123
i think its that you're expected to do 14hrs but the employer doesnt have to always give you that many. my contract is 4hrs at work - i have to do 4 hours a week and they have to give me that many hours minimum. by having a 0 hour contract, they dont have to give you any shifts if they dont want to.

Well, i didnt get the job..
:frown:

Latest