Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How cute is my dog!?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cute enough to roast in the oven
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    As cute as Kanye West
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaw! So adorable! But I think you need to cut his/her nails.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It looks really... whorish.
    • 87 followers

ReputationRep:
    It looks badass
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    It looks really... whorish.
    **** off!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really my type of dog but agree with the suggestion that you really need to trim those nails, they're bending sideways which is probably really uncomfortable
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of that kind of dog so not very imo.
    People have been suggesting that you cut his/her nails, actually it would be better to walk him/her on roads much more often, the tarmac naturally wears down the nail and prevents the extremely unpleasant process of cutting a dog's nails.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I'm not a fan of that kind of dog so not very imo.
    People have been suggesting that you cut his/her nails, actually it would be better to walk him/her on roads much more often, the tarmac naturally wears down the nail and prevents the extremely unpleasant process of cutting a dog's nails.
    The nails are so long that wearing them down from walking won't be very effective because they aren't lying flat to the concrete (you can see they are bending sideways). Not to mention they're bound to be causing discomfort so you want to get them short asap really.
    Clipping doesn't have to be too bad - if one person holds the dog and the other clips you can do it very quickly. Then once they're clipped frequent walking on concrete should keep the problem largely under control.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your dog is adorable!! What are they called?

I wish I had a dog.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    The nails are so long that wearing them down from walking won't be very effective because they aren't lying flat to the concrete (you can see they are bending sideways). Not to mention they're bound to be causing discomfort so you want to get them short asap really.
    Clipping doesn't have to be too bad - if one person holds the dog and the other clips you can do it very quickly. Then once they're clipped frequent walking on concrete should keep the problem largely under control.
    You do have a point actually.
    If my dog is anything to go by, clipping his nails will be quite an experience - he hates anybody "messing" with him...hates injections and kennel cough vaccines with a passion. Normally he'd never hurt a person, but once you give him an injection he has been known to rip off a muzzle and go for the nearest wrist holding his collar/lead. I imagine he'd react in a similar if someone ever tried to clip his nails.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your dog is gay mate.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Awesome dog
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)
    Your dog is gay mate.
    Haha! This.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    You do have a point actually.
    If my dog is anything to go by, clipping his nails will be quite an experience - he hates anybody "messing" with him...hates injections and kennel cough vaccines with a passion. Normally he'd never hurt a person, but once you give him an injection he has been known to rip off a muzzle and go for the nearest wrist holding his collar/lead. I imagine he'd react in a similar if someone ever tried to clip his nails.
    yikes! My old dog was pretty bad too (nowhere near as yours though!) but we found one of two methods worked. One person holds the dogs head in a headlock and puts their other arm over his body bracing against him so that he can't struggle too much and the other person clips the nails. Or method 2; get one stale french stick, distract dog with stale french stick and clip. You're quite likely to get growled at and lightly bitten with the second but it's the only way I could do it on my own!

The best thing to do is get the dog used to you playing with his paws and learn that it doesn't hurt. Then when he's ok with that you can get the clippers out. Maybe just do one claw and let him go so he knows it doesn't hurt and is over quickly. That's what I'll be doing with my rescue doggie when I get him/her
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    yikes! My old dog was pretty bad too (nowhere near as yours though!) but we found one of two methods worked. One person holds the dogs head in a headlock and puts their other arm over his body bracing against him so that he can't struggle too much and the other person clips the nails. Or method 2; get one stale french stick, distract dog with stale french stick and clip. You're quite likely to get growled at and lightly bitten with the second but it's the only way I could do it on my own!

The best thing to do is get the dog used to you playing with his paws and learn that it doesn't hurt. Then when he's ok with that you can get the clippers out. Maybe just do one claw and let him go so he knows it doesn't hurt and is over quickly. That's what I'll be doing with my rescue doggie when I get him/her
    I do wonder if food bribes would work...mostly when we give him something to chew on he'll run away from people, lick it for half an hour then bury it.
    This is I think the reason why we haven't given him a bone in quite some time.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a short hairy old man.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Meh, its pretty cute.

Cuter if his/her toenails weren't protruding. :lolwut:

I want a Cockerpoo dammit.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    ADORABLE!!
    Take my dog and give me your dog

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2010
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered animals and pets threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.