The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca
It's not very comfortable :p:

Or flattering - NEVER do it near a mirror :ashamed:
Original post by Sorani
Before anyone asks: I have started another thread because there was some real garbage in the old one and I wanted to start fresh.

To start with, why should I, as lady, be lifting weights?

Well, if you want a body like this:

Or this:

Or this:

I LOVE JILLIAN MICHAELS!!:smile:
Reply 2902
[QUOTE="bosworths;34391376"]
Original post by Sorani
Before anyone asks: I have started another thread because there was some real garbage in the old one and I wanted to start fresh.

To start with, why should I, as lady, be lifting weights?

Well, if you want a body like this:

Or this:

Or this:

I LOVE JILLIAN MICHAELS!!:smile:

I can't get over the fact that in that picture her wraps look like ****.
Reply 2903
Got Grey's Anatomy for light bedtime reading :colone:
Original post by aivi
I only have one name: Ross Enamait.
He's got a website (www.rosstraining.com), but one of his books like "Never Gymless" would definitely be worth the money.
There are tons of bw conditioning exercises, but also stuff for strength training.

He's a monster.
Right, this month I can afford to buy some weights of my own. Considering I'm a weak girly now that I don't row etc, do these look good? :h:
Original post by Aemiliana
Right, this month I can afford to buy some weights of my own. Considering I'm a weak girly now that I don't row etc, do these look good? :h:

Aren't you cheaper off just joining the gym?
Original post by Smack

Original post by Smack
Aren't you cheaper off just joining the gym?

Nope, that starts at about £200 for the ones near me. :sad: Plus I won't be able to go when I'm free and the 24 hours ones are too far and along too dodgy roads for me to go at that time.
Nope, that starts at about £200 for the ones near me. :sad: Plus I won't be able to go when I'm free and the 24 hours ones are too far and along too dodgy roads for me to go at that time.

My weights are similar. They're ok, but you might find that you soon need more weight, it sucks not having a squat rack, and I dislike spinlocks after an EPIC FAIL trying to do snatches...

But, they did me while I couldn't go to the gym and for lighter workouts :smile:
Not been able to do the weights for a while because I'm having trouble with my back, no idea what is wrong or how I did it but I just want to lift again!

Also, bit of advice, use deep heat sparingly ... my back was burning for 20 minutes last night and disrupted my sleep :frown:
Original post by shorty.loves.angels

My weights are similar. They're ok, but you might find that you soon need more weight, it sucks not having a squat rack, and I dislike spinlocks after an EPIC FAIL trying to do snatches...

But, they did me while I couldn't go to the gym and for lighter workouts :smile:

Cool, thanks. There's a slightly heavier version that might work out the better long-term investment... Just have to wait for pay day now :h:
Cool, thanks. There's a slightly heavier version that might work out the better long-term investment... Just have to wait for pay day now :h:

I would highly advise a heavier set if poss :yep:

I would highly advise a heavier set if poss :yep:

Okay, will go for those :yep:
Ok people, I have my first weightlifting competition on Saturday. Help?!
Original post by Becca

Pink nail varnish... with sparkles on?? :tongue:

Haha, well I'll be of no use what-so-ever, but I can wish you all the luck possible and get very excited for you :woo: :woo:
Reply 2915
Original post by Becca

Good luck!!!
Pink nail varnish... with sparkles on?? :tongue:

Haha, well I'll be of no use what-so-ever, but I can wish you all the luck possible and get very excited for you :woo: :woo:

OMG pink nail varnish. Totally gonna do that now.

Original post by rlw31
Good luck!!!

Thanks!

I'll be sure to report back to you guys asap!
Hi guys check out my blog :smile: Any advice on toning up and losing some weight?
Original post by Becca
OMG pink nail varnish. Totally gonna do that now.

Thanks!

I'll be sure to report back to you guys asap!

Pics or gtfo :wink:
Pics or gtfo :wink:

Actually ran out of time to do it :frown:

I am county champion now though...out of a grand total of...me! :biggrin: 85 kg total! (35kg snatch/50kg clean and jerk). Also got a doping test hahahahahaha.

:rave:

Quick Reply

Latest