The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

I was expecting my kind of scream on 180 lol.
Reply 3981
Hello ladies. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to join this society and start a blog. I think she wants a bit of friendly competition with you bishes. I didn't expect to see 95kg squats up in here though. Nice work.
Original post by rlw31
My EF top gave me strength today!

I have no idea, I fear the upheaval that's likely to come with moving back home, waiting for my tax rebate, starting work etc. If I run out of money and it looks like I'll be having my last training session for a while I'll probably use it to test 1RMs. The ideal scenario is that I just keep doing SS and milk as much out of it as possible.

I'll look it up, I'd love to be able to do a one legged ATG squat one day.
I'm 5'11.

I thought you were tall, but 5'11'' is very tall!

EF tops ftw! EF itself ftl though.
I hope you manage to keep training over summer. Will be awesome to see how strong you can get.

Original post by Arteta
Hello ladies. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to join this society and start a blog. I think she wants a bit of friendly competition with you bishes. I didn't expect to see 95kg squats up in here though. Nice work.

Don't really appreciate being called a "bish" :hmmm:
But your gf should definitely come and join! There are people of different levels doing different types of training here. Rachel is definitely winning in the squat league atm though :p:
Reply 3983
I'm freeeeee! I thought about taking a nap to make up for the 3h I got last night, but I'm too excited to not go straight to the gym, brb :biggrin:
Original post by rlw31
Any excuse to bring that smiley out of retirement; there was a stage where it was used every other post.

It's a little loud:
[video="youtube;MQpwRBNA5zc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQpwRBNA5zc&t=0m10s[/video]

Slowly trying to bring my toes in bit by bit. My knees are still all over the place. The ascent seemed to take a lifetime, but they didn't feel that much more difficult than the last couple of sessions.

The guy who was spotting me was the 'powerclean' guy. He went and put his belt on just to spot me :indiff: He asked me if I took anything, I said "What, like steroids?" he said "yeah", JESUS, if I took steroids and were still that weak I'd be really disappointed!

seriously impressive, you weigh as much as me and squat more than me

Good work, keep it up
Original post by rlw31

This is what I had in mind:

how about this :biggrin:

overhead pistol squat :eek: :rolleyes:
Reply 3986
Original post by Becca
I thought you were tall, but 5'11'' is very tall!

EF tops ftw! EF itself ftl though.
I hope you manage to keep training over summer. Will be awesome to see how strong you can get.

Lol, yeah, I've got half a foot on most of you :tongue:

I hope so too.

Original post by HFerguson
seriously impressive, you weigh as much as me and squat more than me

Good work, keep it up

Thanks.

Damn crossfitters, how is that even possible.
Original post by rlw31

Damn crossfitters, how is that even possible.

it's sickening isn't it?! it's ATG and she has so-so spinal extension, way better than I could dream of :tongue:
Reply 3988
Why is she standing on a kettle-bell?
Original post by GQ.
Why is she standing on a kettle-bell?

less ankle dorsiflexion, as to not limit depth

But...why?

I am so pumped after my PBs today, can't go to sleep lol. I think I am addicted to weightlifting.
Reply 3991
I'm sorry but that picture is the equivalent of squatting on a Swiss ball. Retarded.
Original post by GQ.
I'm sorry but that picture is the equivalent of squatting on a Swiss ball. Retarded.

She's making all kinds of functional gains.
Reply 3993
Original post by Michael XYZ
She's making all kinds of functional gains.

Yea man functional muscles where its at...
Original post by michael xyz
she's making all kinds of functional gains.

prsom, pmsl!
I'm now able to do between 8 - 10 dips in a row now :biggrin: and now able to do 2 chin ups in a row however chin ups are really really hard :frown:

Which ones do you guys find easier chin ups or dips?
Neither, I suck at both.
I cant do either :emo:
Reply 3998
I can only do about 2-3 chinups in a row atm, I've been neglecting them.
I don't do dips, most dip bars hurt my palms. I prefer doing narrow stance pushups instead, they hit the triceps well enough, especially if you do them on your knuckles, get added rom.
Chin ups and dips are really really hard and the only reason why I am able to do a few is because I kept practicing every time I go to the gym.

What I do hate is when guys do loads in one go and make it look so easy :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest