The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

I find dips easier but they are more chest/ tris, pull ups are more shoulders & back
Original post by stayce88
I find dips easier but they are more chest/ tris, pull ups are more shoulders & back

I would have thought though that my back was stronger than my chest but maybe its just me
Reply 4002
Open challenge: learn how to do handstand pushups (against a wall).
I've been challenged to be able to do 5 by September, anyone wanna join me lol?

I wish the rain would stop, need to get back to working on my tan :frown:
Reply 4003
Original post by Chrisateen
I would have thought though that my back was stronger than my chest but maybe its just me

Guess you might do more limited rom in dips, most people seem to do? With pullups you have a clear target of chin/chest to bar, so it's easier to do proper reps.
Original post by aivi
Guess you might do more limited rom in dips, most people seem to do? With pullups you have a clear target of chin/chest to bar, so it's easier to do proper reps.

Your probably right about that. However even if I do a half hearted pullup I probably still only be able to do less than a half hearted dip (if that makes sense)
Dips are a ton easier than a pull-up though.
Aramnau despises his coach. He says he wants to beat Yuri's records. If he does that would be a monumental achievement.

[video="youtube;jrWv471U4F8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jrWv471U4F8[/video]
Klokov's overall aesthetics should carry him to a win.
Literally cannot wait. Can't believe I'm actually gonna be there :woo: :jiggy:
77s is where it's at.
Reply 4010
Can't wait for it to start :sogood:

Pressed 40kg yesterday, most I've done strict. Killed my abs though, which were annihilated further by circuits at boxing, sit ups x a million? No thanks.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Klokov's overall aesthetics should carry him to a win.

PRSOM, would husband klokov/10
Original post by aivi
Open challenge: learn how to do handstand pushups (against a wall).
I've been challenged to be able to do 5 by September, anyone wanna join me lol?

Tried to do these before, fell on my head, not tried since lol
I won't be taking up the handstand pushup challenge, but I will be challenging myself to get good at doing normal pushups! I can do like 5-6 in a row max at the mo, and this is embarrassing!
Hey ladies!

I just started doing strength exercises recently and thought I'd come here :h: At this point, aside from reading a few articles I'm kind of making up my routine as I go along... is it okay if I do that as long as I make reasonable progress?
Reply 4015
Original post by Muffinz
Hey ladies!

I just started doing strength exercises recently and thought I'd come here :h: At this point, aside from reading a few articles I'm kind of making up my routine as I go along... is it okay if I do that as long as I make reasonable progress?

Yeah go for that, you could always ask for help/info on your routine.
Original post by rlw31
Yeah go for that, you could always ask for help/info on your routine.

Awesome! :biggrin:

I'm trying to keep track of what I'm doing on Tumblr. I'm working out my 1RM on the equipment and trying to do 80% of that, which I hope will build some nice muscle over the next few weeks. I was very geeky and made this for my tumblr: am I missing any major muscles or is there something I should add in? (It's set up so I do each exercise 2x per week).

Spoiler

Original post by Muffinz

I'm trying to keep track of what I'm doing on Tumblr. I'm working out my 1RM on the equipment and trying to do 80% of that, which I hope will build some nice muscle over the next few weeks. I was very geeky and made this for my tumblr: am I missing any major muscles or is there something I should add in? (It's set up so I do each exercise 2x per week).

Spoiler

SIGH
Original post by HFerguson
SIGH

Dude, at least help her if you're going to post comments like that.
Original post by Muffinz

Spoiler

Something is better than nothing but it kind of depends on your goals.

To me that looks like the very standard "I'm a girl and must use 99% of the girl machines" routine that 99% of girls employ. I see them every day doing 2000 reps on leg extensions at the lightest possible weight and then walk over to cable machine and do 500 tricep extensions looking bored and mid sets checking their phone for any texts.

Much better to do something very simple and use barbells instead of this. Something where you do squats, deadlift, bench press, shoulder press, chin-ups, dips and then throw in some bicep curls and leg extensions if you wish.

As a girl, squats really should be your bread and butter exercise. But not on some silly machine. I mean barbell squats, to at least parallel, with heavy weight not 2.5kg barbell. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest