The Student Room Group

HELP: I haven't eaten in 3 days!

HELP ...

3 days ago I burnt the roof of my mouth with a chip. It was so hot and afterwards I couldn't finish my lunch. Now when I put ANYTHING into my mouth it burns like hell ... I tried to eat a bag of crisps, but I didn't know the SALT would cause a REACTION and INFLAMMATION! :angry:

I'm starving and I won't be able to eay anything ever again ...

Seriously I'm going to starve to death for **** sake!

What shall I do? I can't even drink ... DEHYDRATION and all!
:mad: :angry: :stomp:
Use a straw lol
Reply 2
Have you seen a doctor? If not, go and see one immediately, I'm sure they will be able to figure it out.
If you can't figure out how to eat and drink because you've mildly burnt the inside of your mouth, then it's Darwinism in action. :facepalm:.

As the guy said above, use a straw, avoid hot drinks, and if you really can't eat, drink smoothies. I had to live on smoothies for 6 months when I couldn't eat any solid food. You'll be fine.
Okay, if you hadn't drunk anything for 3 days you'd be dead. Or at least nearly dead.
Can you not try drinking through a straw aiming the liquid at part of your mouth that isn't burnt? Suck on an ice cube to soothe it?
Oh, and it really shouldn't still be hurting this much after three days, do you think there's any chance you've got an infection? I'd go to a doctor if it's hurting that much. You might just have a blister that needs to be popped, which they'll do for you with a needle. It won't be very plesant at the time (I don't think they'd numb it, but you never know) but it will relieve the pain caused by the buildup of fluid inside the blister.
Reply 6
Original post by chrypton
Have you seen a doctor? If not, go and see one immediately, I'm sure they will be able to figure it out.

I'm worried in case I get cancer of the mouth. I know I sound a litlte OTT but it's true.

Then I thought maybe our mouths are used to putting hot items in... You know when our ancestors burnt their mouths when they were cooking thousands of years ago so the probability of cancer would not be large....

Weird thinking I know...
Reply 7
Original post by Gemma :)!
Okay, if you hadn't drunk anything for 3 days you'd be dead. Or at least nearly dead.
Can you not try drinking through a straw aiming the liquid at part of your mouth that isn't burnt? Suck on an ice cube to soothe it?
Oh, and it really shouldn't still be hurting this much after three days, do you think there's any chance you've got an infection? I'd go to a doctor if it's hurting that much. You might just have a blister that needs to be popped, which they'll do for you with a needle. It won't be very plesant at the time (I don't think they'd numb it, but you never know) but it will relieve the pain caused by the buildup of fluid inside the blister.

OMG ... I'm afraid to even use my mouth AT ALL now in case the blister pops and I TASTE the VILE ooze.

GAH... :mad:
Original post by student0001
OMG ... I'm afraid to even use my mouth AT ALL now in case the blister pops and I TASTE the VILE ooze.

GAH... :mad:

But the only way it's going to get better is if you pop it! It isn't going to go away otherwise :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Gemma :)!
But the only way it's going to get better is if you pop it! It isn't going to go away otherwise :frown:

I guess... How do I know if a blister has formed? I can't exactly see the roof of my mouth now can I?

DILEMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess... How do I know if a blister has formed? I can't exactly see the roof of my mouth now can I?

DILEMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look in the mirror & tip your head back? If this doesn't work, get a little mirror & put it in your mouth then look at that in a bigger mirror.
I'm worried in case I get cancer of the mouth. I know I sound a litlte OTT but it's true.

Then I thought maybe our mouths are used to putting hot items in... You know when our ancestors burnt their mouths when they were cooking thousands of years ago so the probability of cancer would not be large....

Weird thinking I know...

Lol I found this really funny; no offence
Reply 12
HELP ...

3 days ago I burnt the roof of my mouth with a chip. It was so hot and afterwards I couldn't finish my lunch. Now when I put ANYTHING into my mouth it burns like hell ... I tried to eat a bag of crisps, but I didn't know the SALT would cause a REACTION and INFLAMMATION! :angry:

I'm starving and I won't be able to eay anything ever again ...

Seriously I'm going to starve to death for **** sake!

What shall I do? I can't even drink ... DEHYDRATION and all!
:mad: :angry: :stomp:

Man the sin up..
Reply 13
You should really get to a hospital or doctor. 3 days without food won't kill you but you MUST drink. A day without any fluid will make you very sick.
Try cold drinks with a straw.
Try smooth yoghurts or smoothies as someone else said. And look in a mirror, though you probably won't have a blister... I think. I don't know what a doctor would do unless it's severely burnt. But if you really can't eat or drink even soft foods (crisps as a first choice, really?) after a few days, see a doctor.
:facepalm:

If this is a minor burn, which it probably is unless that chip you had came straight out of a volcano, you need to man up and use some common sense. Bendy straws + yoghurt = temporary solution. Why the hell would you think it a good idea to eat crisps? :lolwut:

If this is actually a major burn, ffs go to a doctor. If it gets infected or something you could have major problems.

Latest