The Student Room Group

Mountbatten Institute, NYC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
well, I only just graduated last week, Iv got 3 years part time secretary/admin work and a month experience in admin for a solicitors, hopefully by the time March comes around I can add 6months of marketing related work (and 6 years part time at bloody Tesco lol), its the only thing Im really worried about tbh, if i can get a job within the next month i can get the experience and save up aswell,
Reply 41
i applied for the august 2012 intake, and i have been accepted and i am leaving in 13days, I am really excited about going. I have read that people feel that Mountbatten isn't the one for career development, well i personally disagree. I have friends who went there and worked for investment banks and have come back to London and now have full-time jobs in JP Morgan, UBS, and Merill Lynch (four friends in total). They could only dream of getting jobs there before they went Mountbatten.
Reply 42
Good luck Boss, I can only pray that I will be saying the same this time next feb, what was the process like for selection was the london interview tough?
Reply 43
Thanks Bilal, there is quite a few stages with people dropped at each stage. The interview wasn't that bad to be honest. The Mountbatten staff are actually nice people, its like they want you to do well. The interview was very chatty, not like your traditional interviews. They really just want to see if you are elligible and if they think will be able to cope with working away from family in a foreign company. The selection process is a bit harder though, I had 3 interviews in total, didn't get the 1st two. 1st was with Liquidnet and 2nd was with UBS, its the third with UBS again i got (fixed income trades analyst) The Interview itself was based on what you have written in your CV and Personal statement, so its advisable to learn them word for word, they don't ask any technical questions, so don't worry. For all the finance based applicants, if you make it to the selection pool, you are not likely to hear anything till like the 5th week, so do not panic.
Reply 44
Thats some really good info Boss, thanks for that, Hope you enjoy your placement
Reply 45
Hi, I've applied for the March 13 intake too, but for law. I've only just graduated but fingers crossed have managed to get the relevant work experience. Now just to keep saving up and keep my fingers crossed to be accepted! The programme sounds AMAZING. Good luck everyone else too :smile:
Reply 46
Hi all who are going to go for the March 2013 intake.

Can I ask you how old all of you are? Im gona be 27 by then!!! Aint sure if I am gonna be too old. I hear most people are 21 to 26.

Please let me know, I need to know if I should apply or not!

Thanks alot and good luck with all your applications.

Anoop
Reply 47
Hey, I'm 21, & turn 22 in the first week of the programme lol. Im sure it would be a great experience though regardless of age :smile:
Reply 48
I will be 25 by then. I dont think 27 is too old at all, theres no limit on age restrictions. Did you apply in the end? im patiently waiting now to hear if i have an interview!!
Reply 49
The age range is 22 - 29, there are loadssss of people around 26 27, im 23 im one of the younger ones here
my brother and sister did it when they were 22/23, so about 10 years ago, they really loved it and all the expenses were covered (not sure how it is now) except they had really low wages to live off which got tough, but all part of the experience i guess
Reply 51
Hey all! I too have applied for March 2013, and am hoping to hear back this week, hopefully before Friday! Thanks to all the users who posted some great info, it definitely factored into me biting the bullet and applying for the internship! Im hoping to get a professional and work development loan to help pay for it, permitting i even get that far! The wait is torture!
Reply 52
Original post by Kaz90
Hey all! I too have applied for March 2013, and am hoping to hear back this week, hopefully before Friday! Thanks to all the users who posted some great info, it definitely factored into me biting the bullet and applying for the internship! Im hoping to get a professional and work development loan to help pay for it, permitting i even get that far! The wait is torture!

Apparently were supposed to hear by the end of today but Im somehow doubtful that will happen now since its already nearly 3pm. The waiting is getting on my nerves, it's already been well over the 2 weeks they said it would take!

Oh well, not much else we can do but wait!
Reply 53
Original post by dolly001
Apparently were supposed to hear by the end of today but Im somehow doubtful that will happen now since its already nearly 3pm. The waiting is getting on my nerves, it's already been well over the 2 weeks they said it would take!

Oh well, not much else we can do but wait!

Really?!! Im so nervous and this is just the beginning of the process! I do hope if we were unsuccessful they would have let us know earlier to save us having hope! Best of luck for it, i hope you get it Dolly! The wait is just excruciating :frown: fingers crossed!
Reply 54
So no reply today! Hopefully tomorrow :smile:
Reply 55
I got an interview! Email came at like 5pm. Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll hear then as well!
Reply 56
Original post by dolly001
I got an interview! Email came at like 5pm. Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll hear then as well!

Congratulations!!!! You must feel relieved! When is it if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 57
I just checked my junk email and i got an email for an interview too! Yay for us :smile:
Reply 58
Got my interview for 29th October!
Reply 59
Original post by Kaz90
Got my interview for 29th October!

Well done on getting an interview, I got one too. I've booked it for the 1st November. What type of internship have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending