The Student Room Group

Interview at Reading

Hi Everyone :smile:
I've finished my UCAS and it's been processed, some two/three weeks ago now. Anyway, I've been invited to a UCAS Visit/Open Day and Interview at Reading Uni on the 2nd November for Chemistry. From the time table I see that I get to go on a tour of the campus, buildings etc. and attend an interview, but I'm unsure what to expect. Would you say it is likely to be an actual "interview" per se, or would you think that it's going to be more of an informal/group interview set up?

Thoughts would be appreciated,
Cheers!
Hey there,
I've been asked to go to and Interview at Reading for Chemistry on that day too!
What time's your interview and what course are you applying for?
If you find out anything about it let me know, I'm so nervous and worried about it!
Cheers :smile:
Reply 2
OH cool! :smile:

I've applied for F105 MChem with a year in industry!

I don't know what time my interview is, the stuff I got in the post just say's "1:30 - 4:00 PM - Interview & Department Tour", Then underneath that I think it says "Campus & Hall Tour" or the like, I'll have to check the letter. What course have you gone for?
Ah that's cool,
I applied for the Bsc Chemistry with Forensic Analysis
I haven't had time to check the letter cause I'm actually away at the moment.
What subjects are you studying for A level?
:smile: x
Reply 4
Ah right, it doesn't actually say anything about the interview precisely, hence the thread lol, wasn't too sure what the set up would be, informal group/individual actual interviews! Still, I'll find out when I get there.

I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and History :smile:

Forensic Analysis sounds interesting though. I'm quite interested in medicinal chem/pharmaceuticals but I've gone for pure/straight chemistry because I thought that for me it would be better to stay general at present then specify after undergrad!
Hey Bannem, interview's tomorrow! You excited/nervous? And do you know whether we dress casual or smart? :smile:
Enjoy..... Reading is lovely...
Reply 7
Hey, hopefully this aint too late. I've had an interview for Reading for 2010 UCAS.. It's more relaxed than you actually think. Interviews last for probably 10-15 mins each.. Just revise your A Level Chemistry as they may ask you stuff from that.. Like drawing out structures, explaining and talking about some recent chemistry that you've already done.

And dress smart!! Tie, shirt etc.... Even if it says "informal interview." You want to give them a good lasting impression.. and it just looks professional to do so.
Hey Pedus, it's not too late don't worry. Thanks for the tips. Do you think even girls have to wear ties, I don't think I even own a tie :P
Are you at Reading now?
@TimesChanging - I know, I went there on the open day back in summer :smile: it's beautiful
xx
Reply 9
Now I know this is gonna be late. But wear whatever you think is appropriate. And best of luck...
Good Luck, Reading is a great choice :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending