The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ice_Queen
:biggrin:

Financial Statement Analysis & Valuation Coursework - handed in 10th December
Corporate Finance Coursework - handed in Christmas Eve
Audit & Assurance Coursework - handed in today

Quantitative Methods for Finance Coursework - due 10th January (not started)

Exams
Corp. Fin. 10.01.11
FSAAV 12.01.11
Quants 14.01.11
A&A 18.01.11

BRING IT ON

(Then we start the second semester......)

Get off the internet and get studying!

Still waiting for my exam results. :frown:
Original post by marieisfab
Get off the internet and get studying!

Still waiting for my exam results. :frown:

Studying is overrated :p:

Nah, I did half of my coursework (literally, 1500 words) yesterday before three, so I am taking a day off. Tomorrow I am going in and starting work on Quants before doing some more revision cards.

I do look at my revision cards (albeit sporadically) while I am at my PC :puppyeyes:
Reply 262
Anyone know where I could find AQA Accounting Unit 3 June 2010 paper?
Reply 263
I mean unit 2
Reply 264
Samanthaa :
Concept of Beneficial Owner in case when any entity deposites its shares or securities to CDC ( a company holds shares in its own name on the behalf of the investors & CDC is required to furnish return to the SECURITY & EXCHANGE which is regulator). CDC charges fee against the services.

Please tell me in this case CDC is beneficiary owner or not with resons & please not merage the concept of trustee of trust.
can someone please explain suspense accounts and sales and purchases control accounts to me please :smile:
Reply 266
Original post by xxxbelixxx
can someone please explain suspense accounts and sales and purchases control accounts to me please :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:A_Level_Accounts_Revision_Notes

have a look here :smile:
Two exams down, four courseworks down.

Two more exams this semester (tomorrow and Wednesday) and I'm done until February :biggrin:

I actually found someone who does (well, has a transfer to) forensic accounting, which is what I want to do! I've never met anyone else who knows what it is, let alone who does it! It also means I have two contacts in KPMG now (one is a partner in the audit section) so hopefully I can get an interview without being autofiltered for audit :biggrin:
Guys I need some help deciding where to go, all the courses are great, all the universities are good, in terms of academia and niceness.. I just can't decide.

Nottingham- Finance, Accounting and Management
Manchester- BAecon Accounting and finance
Loughborough- Accounting and Financial Management
Aston- Finance
Bath- Business Administration .. :redface: unsuccessful

I would like to gain a big 4 contract, but wouldn't we all, I actually don't know what I really want to end up doing but .. it would be something in Accounting or Finance :s-smilie:, what are your opinions, which course and university looks the best or which one would you choose:tongue:

Jay
Reply 269
Original post by FallOnDeathsEars
Guys I need some help deciding where to go, all the courses are great, all the universities are good, in terms of academia and niceness.. I just can't decide.

Nottingham- Finance, Accounting and Management
Manchester- BAecon Accounting and finance
Loughborough- Accounting and Financial Management
Aston- Finance
Bath- Business Administration .. :redface: unsuccessful

I would like to gain a big 4 contract, but wouldn't we all, I actually don't know what I really want to end up doing but .. it would be something in Accounting or Finance :s-smilie:, what are your opinions, which course and university looks the best or which one would you choose:tongue:

Jay

Well Nottingham has a open day on 3rd March specifically for FAM and some other subjects the business school offers.. so I'll let you know how that goes :smile:

As far as I know Nottingham places plenty of students in the BIG 4 after graduation, from my research of looking at profiles of their career sites etc
Original post by SM989
Well Nottingham has a open day on 3rd March specifically for FAM and some other subjects the business school offers.. so I'll let you know how that goes :smile:

As far as I know Nottingham places plenty of students in the BIG 4 after graduation, from my research of looking at profiles of their career sites etc

I'll be going on the 9th March, yeah they say that on their website as well, but really, how much is plenty out of 200+ students and that's only one course :redface: Open day should be interesting though.
Reply 271
i have applied for accounting and finanace. i have heard it is very boring and people often drop out because of its boringness. i want job staright after my graduation and likes to meet people. people say accountant are very boring people and lost all their social skills. i don't know whether i should stick to it or go through clearing and choose any course.
is this true?:frown:
Original post by sidra111
i have applied for accounting and finanace. i have heard it is very boring and people often drop out because of its boringness. i want job staright after my graduation and likes to meet people. people say accountant are very boring people and lost all their social skills. i don't know whether i should stick to it or go through clearing and choose any course.
is this true?:frown:

If you think it's boring why did you apply, studying any course won't make you lose your social skills as this comes naturally + there are many areas of finance you can go into with an accounting and finance degree such as banking, corporate finance, financial accounting and management accounting etc (much more) the skills you develop on the course are valued by any employer who requires numerical ability, or problem solving skills. You can get a job as an accountant straight after graduation, depending on your course and uni you should be part qualified 'me thinks'.. but I think you should choose any course because you clearly don't know what your course consists of or anything about career paths :redface: Why not go to an insight day, to find out more information.
Reply 273
Original post by FallOnDeathsEars
If you think it's boring why did you apply, studying any course won't make you lose your social skills as this comes naturally + there are many areas of finance you can go into with an accounting and finance degree such as banking, corporate finance, financial accounting and management accounting etc (much more) the skills you develop on the course are valued by any employer who requires numerical ability, or problem solving skills. You can get a job as an accountant straight after graduation, depending on your course and uni you should be part qualified 'me thinks'.. but I think you should choose any course because you clearly don't know what your course consists of or anything about career paths :redface: Why not go to an insight day, to find out more information.

no, you misunderstood me. i know what is the course about and what kind of career i can have with it. i was very just worried about people who said it's boring and dull.
thnx for the advice:smile:

Two more exams this semester (tomorrow and Wednesday) and I'm done until February :biggrin:

I actually found someone who does (well, has a transfer to) forensic accounting, which is what I want to do! I've never met anyone else who knows what it is, let alone who does it! It also means I have two contacts in KPMG now (one is a partner in the audit section) so hopefully I can get an interview without being autofiltered for audit :biggrin:

Ah wow! I'd love to do that. It sounds brilliant! There was a man on Countdown (ages ago) who was a forensic accountant. That's the first time I researched it :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jaydemikaela
Ah wow! I'd love to do that. It sounds brilliant! There was a man on Countdown (ages ago) who was a forensic accountant. That's the first time I researched it :tongue:

Typical for Countdown to have someone like that :p:

It's going to take some work, but I will get there in the end :p: What is it you're studying?
Typical for Countdown to have someone like that :p:

It's going to take some work, but I will get there in the end :p: What is it you're studying?

I know :tongue:

Good luck with it :smile:

I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Business & German atm. Then A&F next year hopefully!
Original post by jaydemikaela
I know :tongue:

Good luck with it :smile:

I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Business & German atm. Then A&F next year hopefully!

Hm, A&F? Where are you hoping to study?
Reply 278

Met them through uni?
Or family contact :P

Well if you pass the easy online tests and requirements, you shouldn't get auto filtered?

Manchester rejected me for A&F :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by uxa595
Met them through uni?
Or family contact :P

Well if you pass the easy online tests and requirements, you shouldn't get auto filtered?

Well one is a family contact, the other I met through a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend (all of them are now friends of mine as well :p:).

I got a 2:2 for my undergraduate which could rule me out.

Quick Reply