The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Can i join? I'm in third year of Accounting at Glasgow Caledonian after starting the course having no idea about accounting. Done well so far in terms of exams and coursework and hope to keep that up.
Original post by Ice_Queen
Hm, A&F? Where are you hoping to study?

Not sure yet. I have 5 offers but I'll wait until March results to decide :smile:
Original post by Chas
Can i join? I'm in third year of Accounting at Glasgow Caledonian after starting the course having no idea about accounting. Done well so far in terms of exams and coursework and hope to keep that up.

Of course, you're more than welcome. :smile:

Haven't been on TSR as much now, particularly due to University. Will try to login every now and again though. In terms of work: one assignment done, three to go for the year then several examinations in May/June.
Original post by jaydemikaela
Not sure yet. I have 5 offers but I'll wait until March results to decide :smile:

Hehe OK. I only accept A&F as a decent degree course if it is from an excellent university. Accountancy is the way forward!

Chas, welcome to the society! I am making fruit cake this evening, so make sure to bring along an empty tummy :biggrin:
Reply 284
Do any of the big 4 firms pay for you to do a MBA after a while?
Or is that something chartered accountants don't do?
ive got intro to financial acc exam in less than 4 hours, im so screwed :sigh: i hope i can get away with just learning the direct method for cashflows :s-smilie:
Original post by eugenius 8
ive got intro to financial acc exam in less than 4 hours, im so screwed :sigh: i hope i can get away with just learning the direct method for cashflows :s-smilie:

Reply is waaay too late but I hope it went well! :h:
Original post by samanthaaaa
Reply is waaay too late but I hope it went well! :h:

it was tough but i think i did enough to pass :s-smilie: i hope :puppyeyes:
Unconditional for Accountancy and Maths at Glasgow :biggrin: Anyone heard anything good/bad about there?
Original post by eugenius 8
it was tough but i think i did enough to pass :s-smilie: i hope :puppyeyes:

It is not physically possible for you to have done worse in that than I did in quants, I assure you.

Usually the direct method is fine (it is all that is required by the standard, would be my reasoning!), unless it specifically states in the question?
Reply 290
where should i go guys?

offers from Soton , Exeter, Notts and Loughborough. I want to work in the city when im older, which is preferred by such employers?
Original post by Accfin
where should i go guys?

offers from Soton , Exeter, Notts and Loughborough. I want to work in the city when im older, which is preferred by such employers?

I'd say Exeter. But go wherever you are happy. A lot of people criticised my choice, but I love it.
Reply 292
Hi Guys,
Do You Have Any Suggestions About Firm And Insurance Choices.
I Have Offers From:
Nottingham Trent
Birmingham
Durham
Liverpool
Lancaster

Advice Appreciated :smile:
Reply 293
Original post by benbarham
Hi Guys,
Do You Have Any Suggestions About Firm And Insurance Choices.
I Have Offers From:
Nottingham Trent
Birmingham
Durham
Liverpool
Lancaster

Advice Appreciated :smile:

i'd go for Durham (prestigiouse univversity for A&F):biggrin:
Reply 294
Original post by sidra111
i'd go for Durham (prestigiouse univversity for A&F):biggrin:

The Campus Isn't In Durham Tho Is It? Its In Stockton Or Sumthin...
Original post by Accfin
where should i go guys?

Which do a placement year? I know Loughborough do for certain as I am doing one myself from this August! I'd go for a university that does a placement year as it's a fast-track onto a graduate scheme. Any of those four universities are well respected amongst the top graduate employers.
I just requested to join; I'm in my 2nd year of 4 at Loughborough doing Accounting & Financial Management; any questions please ask!
Reply 297
I've got offers from
Bristol - AAB
Nottingham - ABB
Leeds - AAA
Lancaster - AAB
Sheffield - ABB
Any idea which one i shud choose as firm and insurance?
Reply 298
Original post by Rum
I've got offers from
Bristol - AAB
Nottingham - ABB
Leeds - AAA
Lancaster - AAB
Sheffield - ABB
Any idea which one i shud choose as firm and insurance?

Firm Lancaster. Leeds is good too.
Insurance Nottingham, definitely. The degree's nice as heck (so is the campus) and the offer's lower than your other ones.
Reply 299
Original post by benbarham
The Campus Isn't In Durham Tho Is It? Its In Stockton Or Sumthin...

ops:shock:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending