The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Zakky
Offer from Southampton :biggrin:

Congrats! :ahee:
Original post by Ree-Shay<3
Wow congratulations to the both of you!

BTW Zakky why did you choose Southampton - (i was think of replacing it wit b'ham)

Quite a few reasons; I know a few people applying there(although I didn't know this at the time), the facilities, not far from home(London), reputable, sunny, water(sports) and it looks good
Reply 102
tsr FAMaLAM...

i been lookin for soo many answers. applyin this week should be sent off to unis in a couple of weeks?

i droppd econ at AS with a hight C overall. got 78ums and 55 ums in unit 1 and 2. exam board foned up last week and said the unit two paper, which i was convinced i smashed, was not scanned properly. they forgot to mark my last essay answer. I wouldnt have droppd econ if i knew found out earlier im not crap at econ. the mark went up to 92. but anyway this infos goin on my reference, and LSE wrote to me sayin candidated dont need econ, they only discriminate if u dont have maths basically.

8A*s3As at GCSE. A in FSMQ

A*AA predictions in math chem bio for a2

got my work exp, e-c's and other PS on lock.

Can i apply to LSE and Warwick

Otherwise i want to apply to Bath, Leeds and Durham... thoughts?
Do i really have a chance at LSE...

sikgeez
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by The_Timepasser
+1

Not to mention the smug Management students who have a much lower workload!...atleast in my uni.

:hmmm:

At my uni we pretty much do about 80% of the same modules as you guys ¬_¬

I'd love to have an accounting module :emo:
I fell asleep during Corporate Finance last night.... good job I don't snore....
Original post by Ice_Queen
I fell asleep during Corporate Finance last night.... good job I don't snore....

I fell asleep during my advanced financial lecture and my friend didn't wake me up, even when the lecturer was STARING at me. I hate him so much.

To be fair though, what do they expect when they put a lecture on at 4 til 6?
Original post by marieisfab
I fell asleep during my advanced financial lecture and my friend didn't wake me up, even when the lecturer was STARING at me. I hate him so much.

To be fair though, what do they expect when they put a lecture on at 4 til 6?

CorpFin was 3-6, you got off lightly :p:

I fell asleep again this morning in Quantitative Methods. I hope I can recover from whatever it is that is making me so tired this weekend as we were given all our courseworks this week.

Funny story actually! I walked home (having left my laptop and folders at my local 'cause I have a bad back) and fell asleep on the bed. Simple, right?

The Boyfriend comes home, starts work (music playing loud as ****). Starts getting concerned about 4.30 when I 'don't come home'. Rings me a few times (which I don't hear).

He called everyone all concerned and stuff, and had NO IDEA I was asleep in OUR BEDROOM 20 feet away. Twit. When I woke up at around six-ish (he tried ringing again and I was just awake enough to hear the phone vibrate) I knocked the wall (like I do if I want him and can't be arsed to get out of bed!) and he walks in like "what the ****? How did you get here?" Soooooo funny :p:

I went to my local later (like half an hour ago) and the STAFF were mad at me. Until I explained that I had actually been asleep in the next room the entire time and they started laughing so hard :p:

I don't know how much sense that made, but I hope you find it as funny as it was :p: (I'm not good at telling stories :sad:)
offer from Sheffield and Surrey so far :smile:
really want bham
lost hope in edin lol
Original post by Ice_Queen
CorpFin was 3-6, you got off lightly :p:

I fell asleep again this morning in Quantitative Methods. I hope I can recover from whatever it is that is making me so tired this weekend as we were given all our courseworks this week.

Funny story actually! I walked home (having left my laptop and folders at my local 'cause I have a bad back) and fell asleep on the bed. Simple, right?

The Boyfriend comes home, starts work (music playing loud as ****). Starts getting concerned about 4.30 when I 'don't come home'. Rings me a few times (which I don't hear).

He called everyone all concerned and stuff, and had NO IDEA I was asleep in OUR BEDROOM 20 feet away. Twit. When I woke up at around six-ish (he tried ringing again and I was just awake enough to hear the phone vibrate) I knocked the wall (like I do if I want him and can't be arsed to get out of bed!) and he walks in like &quot;what the ****? How did you get here?&quot; Soooooo funny :p:

I went to my local later (like half an hour ago) and the STAFF were mad at me. Until I explained that I had actually been asleep in the next room the entire time and they started laughing so hard :p:

I don't know how much sense that made, but I hope you find it as funny as it was :p: (I'm not good at telling stories :sad:)

3-6?! I thought my two hour lectures were bad! :console:

:laugh: Sounds like quite a day!

Original post by inspirational912
offer from Sheffield and Surrey so far :smile:
really want bham
lost hope in edin lol

Congrats! :h:
Original post by samanthaaaa
3-6?! I thought my two hour lectures were bad! :console:

:laugh: Sounds like quite a day!

All my lectures are three hours long, and I also have extra maths tuition with my quantitative methods lecturer (though that's an hour two days a week). We're expected to do six hours extra work per module per week as well. Hectic, especially when you fall asleep all day... I don't understand, I'm not even a lazy person :frown:

inspirational912
x

Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 110
:frown: I missed my tutorial this morning because of work. I'm sure I'll be on here later asking you all the questions I wanted to fire at my tutor!
Original post by alibee
:frown: I missed my tutorial this morning because of work. I'm sure I'll be on here later asking you all the questions I wanted to fire at my tutor!

I missed my tutorial because I thought it was an hour later than it actually was. I did have a huge plate of macaroni cheese and chips though so it wasn't a wasted day.
Reply 112
Wohoo!!!! Applying for Accounting and Finance 2011. Did any1 apply to Durham? Has any1 gotten offers? Gosh I hope I get an offer :biggrin:
Hi, this is for my girlfriend, and i didn't know where to put it, but this looked the place :smile:

She's entering next year and predicted around BBC/BBB. She already has UEA and Teesside on her list of universities, but currently stuck on another 3, does anyone here have any ideas to what she could choose around that area?

thank you :smile:
Original post by Ameze_:)
Wohoo!!!! Applying for Accounting and Finance 2011. Did any1 apply to Durham? Has any1 gotten offers? Gosh I hope I get an offer :biggrin:

Yeah I did, I really hope I get one too but I've got a bad feeling about Durham
Original post by killsworth
hi, this is for my girlfriend, and i didn't know where to put it, but this looked the place :smile:

she's entering next year and predicted around bbc/bbb. She already has uea and teesside on her list of universities, but currently stuck on another 3, does anyone here have any ideas to what she could choose around that area?

Thank you :smile:

coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate statistics and minitab. Nothing to do with accounts, no matter how much she makes it out to be.
Original post by marieisfab
I hate statistics and minitab. Nothing to do with accounts, no matter how much she makes it out to be.

Snap; I have a Statistics module too.
I have Stats (well, "Quantitative Methods") too. Hate it. With a passion. As does everyone else.

I actually complained to the Student Forum, and intend to take it up at the Board of Study as well (the perks of being a Senior Rep :biggrin:).
Reply 119
Original post by Zakky
Yeah I did, I really hope I get one too but I've got a bad feeling about Durham

I heard Durham takes time so hopefully it will come out well. I got an offer from Southampton tho yayyy!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Quick Reply

Latest