The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Welcome to the TSR Accounting and Finance Society! :grin:

Since there isn't currently a society on TSR for Accounting students, I thought it would be a good idea to create one.

Whether you're currently studying, interested in studying or have studied Accounting and Finance or a Finance related degree, this is the society for you. Here you can discuss how your course is going, revision tips, any problems, advice for other students/those applying/graduates, anything accounting/finance related etc.

Join here. :h:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yay for Accountancy students and accounty people in general. We know the world will stop without us whatever anyone else thinks :p: ESPECIALLY those pesky 'economists'.
Reply 2
:five: Thanks for joining by the way, welcome to the society! :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Ice_Queen
Yay for Accountancy students and accounty people in general. We know the world will stop without us whatever anyone else thinks :p: ESPECIALLY those pesky 'economists'.

Also, just read on your profile, congrats on graduating! Have you started your Msc course? How are you finding it?
Reply 4
Original post by samanthaaaa
Also, just read on your profile, congrats on graduating! Have you started your Msc course? How are you finding it?

Yeah, it's mental, can't believe I'm here! Lots of work, but I've got some exemptions from the accounting modules (I don't know how that works either :p:) so I can concentrate on the mathsy stuff that I'm crap at :biggrin: It's great though, I think I made the right decision.
Reply 5

Yeah, it's mental, can't believe I'm here! Lots of work, but I've got some exemptions from the accounting modules (I don't know how that works either :p:) so I can concentrate on the mathsy stuff that I'm crap at :biggrin: It's great though, I think I made the right decision.

Ah, that's great! :h:

Did you take Auditing by any chance? I hear that module is supposed to be quite difficult.
Oooh Accounting and Finance, I'm doing that!! :biggrin:

I have found that probably less than 3% of the people on my course have actually done A level Accounting, how weird is that? XD
Reply 7
Original post by PixiePlumber

I have found that probably less than 3% of the people on my course have actually done A level Accounting, how weird is that? XD

:hi: Welcome!

Really? I also studied Accounting at A level. Are you a first year?
Reply 8

Yay thanks for the thread Samantha!

Wow only 3%! I've done Accounting A-level & im doing AAT Level 3 (you can never be too prepared :smile:). Is Accounting mostly coursework at uni? Also what universities did everyone go to?
Sorry for all the questions!

:yep:
Edit: I also repeated year 13 & im worried that it will put me at a disadvantage - has anyone gone through this?
(edited 13 years ago)

Yeah indeed I am. Finding a lot of it quite easy. I also did A level Business Studies which is coming in very handy right now too :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by dime_piece
Yay thanks for the thread Samantha!
Wow only 3%! I've done Accounting A-level & im doing AAT Level 3 (you can never be too prepared :smile:). Is Accounting mostly coursework at uni?
Also what universities did everyone go to?

:yep:

No problem! I thought a society was very much needed for us accountants :p:

I'd say a combination of coursework and exams but I think the level of coursework would probably depend on the University. (Particularly after you graduate, if you want to become a qualified accountant, Accounting is mainly exam based).

Yeah indeed I am. Finding a lot of it quite easy. I also did A level Business Studies which is coming in very handy right now too :smile:

That's great to hear! :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)

I didn't do A-level Accounting :puppyeyes:

And Accounting by nature is more examinations unfortunately, which sucks for me :frown:
:hello:

I'll be studying A&F next year.

Assuming I get any offers :smartass:
Reply 13
Original post by jaydemikaela
:hello:

I'll be studying A&F next year.

Assuming I get any offers :smartass:

:hi:

Welcome to the society! :h:

thanks for the invite, who knew i did A&F :afraid: :ninja:

first year at Swansea :yep:
Reply 16
Original post by eugenius 8
thanks for the invite, who knew i did A&F :afraid: :ninja:

first year at Swansea :yep:

That was on my behalf. I wanted to get this group up and running so searched Accounting and Finance on TSR and invited people :colondollar:

Hai guyss
Reply 18
Original post by Zakky
Hai guyss

:wavey: Welcome to the society :h:
Reply 19
Hello, thanks for the invite!
I did A Level Accounting, it's really coming in handy. Actually, all subjects I did at A Level have helped me a lot so far.
I'm still just a first year btw :tongue: .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending