The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Original post by Ultimate1
Anyone got any warwick maths stats? I heard its 93% but anyone got any official documents for this proof? Thanks.

Yeah, here

For the October 2009 entry we had 1714 applications for 240 places - these were the so-called 'home fees' applicants from European Union countries. We made offers to 1607 applicants; 547 accepted it as first choice and 194 as insurance.

In addition, we had 366 applications from non-EU countries and made 319 offers of which 73 were accepted as first choice and 64 as insurance.

Note: These are the combined figures for all 5 degree programmes offered by the Mathematics Department; our combined entry system allows students to transfer between these programmes during the first year.

That is 93% :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Schnecke
Yeah, here

For the October 2009 entry we had 1714 applications for 240 places - these were the so-called 'home fees' applicants from European Union countries. We made offers to 1607 applicants; 547 accepted it as first choice and 194 as insurance.

In addition, we had 366 applications from non-EU countries and made 319 offers of which 73 were accepted as first choice and 64 as insurance.

Note: These are the combined figures for all 5 degree programmes offered by the Mathematics Department; our combined entry system allows students to transfer between these programmes during the first year.

That is 93% :smile:

If those figures are from the Maths dept. then I don't think they apply to the Maths & Stats course. Both Maths & Stats and MORSE are courses that are handled by the Statisics dept.
Reply 3
Original post by UFK
If those figures are from the Maths dept. then I don't think they apply to the Maths & Stats course. Both Maths & Stats and MORSE are courses that are handled by the Statisics dept.

They definitely don't, I assumed the OP wanted info on straight maths. I don't know anything about the other courses, but the Statistics dept. probably has similar data on it's website somewhere.
Reply 4
Original post by Schnecke
They definitely don't, I assumed the OP wanted info on straight maths. I don't know anything about the other courses, but the Statistics dept. probably has similar data on it's website somewhere.

Where did you find the data above?
Reply 5
Original post by UFK
Where did you find the data above?

Erm, it's the FAQ page for undergraduate admissions for the maths dept, had a quick look around the statistics website but couldn't see anything like it sorry.

Latest