The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think I would of been better off doing this, saying that living near the Uni isn't too bad.
Crazy waste of time and money to say nothing of missing out on everything outside a degree that university has to offer. - and I'm not just talking about drinking with your mates.
Reply 42
I commute to uni, I get the train at 8am in the morning and I get into uni at around 9.45. Im on an MA course though and Im only in for 3 days a week (will be 2 days a week after xmas) so its not too bad for me.
I just started uni this year and its great, I'm loving it, but if I wasn't living in halls I really don't think I'd like it very much at all, lectures are aright and everything but to be honest there hasn't been hardly anything that wasn't covered in A-levels and I defiantly wouldn't want to travel more than 15 mins for a 9 - 10 lecture or something! The whole fun is the living to be honest!
Reply 44
Two hours each way? That would be like me travelling from London (where my parents house is) to Liverpool (where I study) everyday!! I think anyone would be crazy to do it.

If you don't want to live in halls then maybe look for a house share or something (one of my friends did that in her first year). Or, if it's specifically uni halls you don't like the look/sound of then consider going private.
Reply 45
OK, judging from the large number of "no"s, I don't think I'll be applying to that place any more. Thanks for the comments!
No. In no way, shape or form can commuting 2 hours into university be considered a good idea.
Reply 47
it do-able but you will get tired at the end of each day jut for going in for an hour lecture. I go to a local uni and it still takes me about 1.5 hours to get there and sometimes i travel all the way there to go to a 1 hour lecture and it turns out to just be a lesson telling us about how good it is to do a placement year. then the lesson ends in like 30 mins and there i am heading back home for another 1.5 hours.

i suggest travelling there and back for a week before applying and it will show you its not the best idea, you may regret it after a month but then again after year 1 i guess you could move into halls if you find it difficult

Latest

Trending

Trending