Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Money for uni by matched betting

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corona&lime)
    Betfair commission will be 5%. I don't know about being able to use the free bets together, it should tell you on the betting slip when you make a selection. If I remember right PP usually insist that you select one free bet which must equal the stake but I could be wrong.

Also, sounds like you need to do a tad more reading... the free bets you have will be SNR, so betting on low odds will get you practically nothing. You need to find matches from around 6/1 upwards to get the most out of it. Try and aim for 80% return minimum. If you're not sure what I mean by using high odds instead of low odds, play around with the calculator for a SNR free bet and see what difference it makes using a match of say 7/7 as opposed to 1.4/1.4
    I completely forgot about SNR I was just assuming it was going to be SR for some reason. Thanks for the help!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did matched betting over last summer, and stopped during uni term time. I checked my betting email and found I had a couple of reload offers so decided to go for BlueSq 50% deposit match up to £50 (so £25 free bet).

Matched my £50 to have a loss of little over £1, now just waiting for the free bet to credit. It says up to 48 hours but in an hour or so that window will be up so no doubt I'll have to mail them... Such a hassle, but only a little for a free £20 or so.

I'm tempted to do my bwin reload of 50% bonus of £160 (£80 free bet) but I can't remember if I liked bwin's terms or not. I'll have to look them up since it's been a while.

[e] "...any funds obtained via sports betting bonus promotions may only be withdrawn once you have wagered a sum equivalent to seven times the bonus amount" <- That's the term I don't like the sound of. With an £80 bonus that leads to £560 worth of wagering..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to betting.

Opened a Coral account earlier today, and saw the £30 free bet.

I placed £30 of MY money on AC Milan to score 3 goals or less before HT, so i won £0.15 lol.

Now i have got my £30 free bonus bet, whenever i click on the bet slip, there is no sign of this 'free bet'.

I don't want to bet £30 of my money straight away on a premiership 4 match accumulator, but would rather use the £30 free bet and keep my winnings.

Is there any way to check/make sure that my £30 bonus bet is going to be used, instead of £30 of MY money, for this 4 fold accumulator i want to place on Coral's website?

Thanks in advance
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure on Coral there is a box that you can tick which says something along the lines of 'use free bet balance' or something like that.

Been ages since I did Coral so I may be wrong =/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicharito14)
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to betting.

Opened a Coral account earlier today, and saw the £30 free bet.

I placed £30 of MY money on AC Milan to score 3 goals or less before HT, so i won £0.15 lol.

Now i have got my £30 free bonus bet, whenever i click on the bet slip, there is no sign of this 'free bet'.

I don't want to bet £30 of my money straight away on a premiership 4 match accumulator, but would rather use the £30 free bet and keep my winnings.

Is there any way to check/make sure that my £30 bonus bet is going to be used, instead of £30 of MY money, for this 4 fold accumulator i want to place on Coral's website?

Thanks in advance
    The free bet balance is shown on the bar at the bottom, if not then contact customer service and they will credit it. When placing a bet you then have the option of using your free bet balance. In future make sure to check for the best offers, Coral actually have a £50 sign up available.

It sounds like you aren't using the free bet to make guaranteed profit and rather are using it for real gambling!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiliman14)
    The free bet balance is shown on the bar at the bottom, if not then contact customer service and they will credit it. When placing a bet you then have the option of using your free bet balance. In future make sure to check for the best offers, Coral actually have a £50 sign up available.

It sounds like you aren't using the free bet to make guaranteed profit and rather are using it for real gambling!
    What i have done was withdrawn my winnings from my Coral account (£30.15).

Then when it said that my cash balance was 0.00, i placed a bet with the 'Bonus £30 bet'.

I'm assuming that this bet I've placed is now using the bonus bet. Surely my money cannot be deposited, without clicking X amount i want in my Coral account?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeh you'll be fine now, if you had no money in your account and you managed to still place it worked, coral cant just take money from your bank account as and when they please
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone done the bet365 offer, the best event i can find is requires £2000 in bet fair and still makes a £10 loss
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patchey1000)
    anyone done the bet365 offer, the best event i can find is requires £2000 in bet fair and still makes a £10 loss
    Nearly everyone on here has done or will do the Bet365 offer plus their £50 mobile offer.

Are you looking on Oddsmonkey or freebets4all for matches?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any odds website which show Betinternet odds?

The only one im aware of is odds monkey and that doesnt have betinternet odds.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-K-J)
    Does anyone know any odds website which show Betinternet odds?

The only one im aware of is odds monkey and that doesnt have betinternet odds.
    I don't think any sites have an odds feed with them, it's just a case of manually finding a close odds match.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiliman14)
    I don't think any sites have an odds feed with them, it's just a case of manually finding a close odds match.
    Came across this site, they don't have many bookies on there however they do have BetInternet

http://www.ifreebet.co.uk/betcalculator

might help someone else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bet365 usually do good odds.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any good dutching guides?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So completed my first ever matched bet. Took it slowly and tried to learn as much as possible (continuing to do so of course). Used FTO since Im new and my overall profit is £11.33 from a £20 free bet which seems fairly bad compared to what I see on here and Im now seeing why people do not rate FTO at all.

Now intend to look into it in more depth and then begin doing it myself to try and get a larger return.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely rinsed matched betting over xmas (got about £350 out of all the major offers) then lost about £80-100 betting my actual money in the hope of getting more once the offers ran out, lesson: don't be too greedy! Anyone know how much of a float is needed for bet365? Got £1700 to use until my accommodation comes out in May, do you just back/lay at high odds in the hope you'll win at Betfair, or could that land you with £1700 you can't withdraw with no money to lay it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono404)
    Absolutely rinsed matched betting over xmas (got about £350 out of all the major offers) then lost about £80-100 betting my actual money in the hope of getting more once the offers ran out, lesson: don't be too greedy! Anyone know how much of a float is needed for bet365? Got £1700 to use until my accommodation comes out in May, do you just back/lay at high odds in the hope you'll win at Betfair, or could that land you with £1700 you can't withdraw with no money to lay it?
    Just complete the WR at the lowest odds possible, or close to, hoping that you bust out, if not, ah well.

You dont want to bet at high odds, because if it comes in, like you say, your in the brown stuff
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    subbing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arichmond64)
    Just complete the WR at the lowest odds possible, or close to, hoping that you bust out, if not, ah well.

You dont want to bet at high odds, because if it comes in, like you say, your in the brown stuff
    Think I finally get it after having a read around, it's a bonus, not a free bet right? So you place a qualifier as usual then just bet through 1200 at low odds then withdraw everything? Thinking of doing it as 4x£300 bets with a £1500-1600 float.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by united2000)
    Use Firefox with Noscript add-on. This blocks Iesnare. You can still log into websites fine. William Hill use Iesnare and my account logs in fine blocking it.
    I would definately look into changing IP addresses or using the internet at their house if you dont want to get caught.

I just reroute it using the host file... but what I am saying is, newbies won't know of this threat and I think it is a fairly significant one.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 22, 2014
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.