Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Money for uni by matched betting

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiliman14)
    £10 risk free is now in at WH, link is on the front page. Made a nice £36 on roulette, get on it!
    Promo links still not working for me.
    You only technically made £26 because you used £10 to bet with Do you go for 20-29?
    Will always remember doing the Vegas £5 risk free offers and because it was only £5 thinking should i just lump it on my age instead of £1 on 5 numbers. I did the latter and my age came up twice in a row:mad:

(Original post by Rizzletastic)
    I've ran out of all sign up offers!

What do I do?
    Im sure there are still some bookies you have not signed up to. How many have you signed up to?
    You can do reloads, there is a current one at Bwin, £80 free money available until 25th.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by united2000)
    Promo links still not working for me.
    You only technically made £26 because you used £10 to bet with Do you go for 20-29?
    Will always remember doing the Vegas £5 risk free offers and because it was only £5 thinking should i just lump it on my age instead of £1 on 5 numbers. I did the latter and my age came up twice in a row:mad:
    I used to just stick £10 on black or red but now I just spread 10x £1 on the numbers, slightly more return in the long run I would say and its more fun.

(Original post by Rizzletastic)
    I've ran out of all sign up offers!

What do I do?
    Teach other people to do it, or just become them for a fee
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    made more than £10k from matched betting & related activities, signing in

(Original post by chiliman14)
    Teach other people to do it, or just become them for a fee
    lol that's how I know you're a pro

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/news/9628...ambling_fraud/ be careful
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    not a really matched bet, but i took advantage of betfair's offer of refunding any bet over £20 for new customers, so i put it on real madrid to win, 6/1...so
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nish81)
    made more than £10k from matched betting & related activities, signing in

lol that's how I know you're a pro

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/news/9628...ambling_fraud/ be careful

What the other guy was doing wouldnt be fraud, the people he is helping could easily say it was them

However the guy who got jailed for 3 years, was on another level lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great thread, I've recently started to do this myself rather than through fixtheodds. So far so good until today.

So I signed up for a bookie for the Free bet if lose offer.

I deposited £50 and placed a bet as you would normally without thinking too much about it but obviously the goal is to lose on purpose right?

The bet I placed was the Liverpool vs West Brom game later today for liverpool to win, at odds of about 1.4 and 1.43 on betfair.

I placed my lay stake on betfair for £50 as well. While I won't be getting too much of a loss, unless Liverpool lose I wont get the free bet.

Is this ok? I mean worst case is I walk away with a loss of about £2-3. Anyway for me to turn this around?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-K-J)
    What the other guy was doing wouldnt be fraud, the people he is helping could easily say it was them

However the guy who got jailed for 3 years, was on another level lol.
    Eh, I've looked into a lot and I do think that it is technically against the law. But there are a load of other factors - it could probably never be proved, police probably aren't interested in pursuing it at all, etc.

Also, are you actually from Tanzania? I grew up there, whereabouts you from?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdLoop)
    Great thread, I've recently started to do this myself rather than through fixtheodds. So far so good until today.

So I signed up for a bookie for the Free bet if lose offer.

I deposited £50 and placed a bet as you would normally without thinking too much about it but obviously the goal is to lose on purpose right?

The bet I placed was the Liverpool vs West Brom game later today for liverpool to win, at odds of about 1.4 and 1.43 on betfair.

I placed my lay stake on betfair for £50 as well. While I won't be getting too much of a loss, unless Liverpool lose I wont get the free bet.

Is this ok? I mean worst case is I walk away with a loss of about £2-3. Anyway for me to turn this around?
    You should have used odds between 7-12 for the best return. You should also lay for around half of the free bet so that you win a bit more if the long-shot comes in as you will have to rollover the bonus amount.

Here's a tutorial: http://www.thegoldtiger.com/tutorials/#23 for if you want to see for any future offers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you claim the £10 risk free on WH? I click the link, go to roulette or something, and don't see anywhere to 'activate' it and have £0 in my account anyway.. :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nish81)
    Eh, I've looked into a lot and I do think that it is technically against the law. But there are a load of other factors - it could probably never be proved, police probably aren't interested in pursuing it at all, etc.

Also, are you actually from Tanzania? I grew up there, whereabouts you from?
    Unless your planning on stealing peoples identity with fake passport etc you should be safe

Im from zanzibar, you?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oo I was doing this years ago, didn't know everyone else was

This bit is new for me though;

Arbitrage Betting: This is when you find back odds considerably higher than the lay odds and you place your own money on these odds to make a profit. It is common for arbers to underlay to ensure more profit if the bet wins in the bookmaker. There is big money to be made here, and there are usually plenty of arbs to be found on horse racing for the main UK bookies, and plenty on other events (depending on the bookie) such as football, darts, tennis, golf, formula one etc...

Am I understanding this right, you bet on both sides of the outcome? Anyone got a real example of this they could talk me though?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)

Arbitrage Betting: This is when you find back odds considerably higher than the lay odds and you place your own money on these odds to make a profit. It is common for arbers to underlay to ensure more profit if the bet wins in the bookmaker. There is big money to be made here, and there are usually plenty of arbs to be found on horse racing for the main UK bookies, and plenty on other events (depending on the bookie) such as football, darts, tennis, golf, formula one etc...

Am I understanding this right, you bet on both sides of the outcome? Anyone got a real example of this they could talk me though?
    Say Chelsea are at odds 3.00 to win against Barca at a bookies, and on Betfair the lay is at 2.6 with good liquidity; if I placed a stake for £100 and the bookies and £106 at the exchange then I either win £30.40 or 70p if they lose.

It's all good in theory and odds search sites will find decent ones, the problem comes when the bookie notices you are uploading large amounts in succession (if the bets keep losing there), betting on obscure markets and consistently taking odds which are out of line with the market. Some bookies I've used, such as Victor and Boylesports, haven't tended to notice much, whereas others like Stan James (who I swear purposely set the odds high to catch out the arbers) will limit/close your account.

You need a fairly large float to make any money from it and its fairly risky too, for example odds could shoot back down to normal and if you've already placed one side of the bet then you'll perhaps have to settle with a small loss.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)

Arbitrage is not quite the money spinner you are making it out to be. There is money to be made but a lot of capital is required. Also, you will very quickly get your online accounts gubbed.

What you describe is the basic concept of an arb. To find these i would advise you use oddsmonkey. I had a quick look today and found a micro arb on the Derby v Peterborough game on saturday. At Stan James Derby to win are priced at 2.3, whereas to lay Derby to win is priced at 2.22 at Betfair. However, this is not sufficient enough to make any real profit. If you put £100 on this and laid for £106 (a liability of £130) you would only make about 70p. That would mean you'd make a 0.3% return on your capital. Not the best return your money can make. . . .
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-K-J)
    Unless your planning on stealing peoples identity with fake passport etc you should be safe

Im from zanzibar, you?

dsm, hehe. do you still live on znz or moved out?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's the best tactic for doing the bet365 offer? Bet the whole £200 qualifier in one go? Or spread it out? Don't want to be stuck in a situation where I have to roll it over numerous times etc, don't have a massive float
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumMc)
    What's the best tactic for doing the bet365 offer? Bet the whole £200 qualifier in one go? Or spread it out? Don't want to be stuck in a situation where I have to roll it over numerous times etc, don't have a massive float
    If you have not got the float to cover the offer then dont risk it. if the worse case happens and your bets win at Bet365 your money is going to be in there for months.

I just looked on Oddsmonkey and put the maximum money on for the best matches.
    One of my qualifiers won though so i had to put on three more 'qualifer' bets to get my money out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What size float would you recommend?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What size float would you recommend?
    The Wagering Requirement is £1200 so you should have that for your float.
    If you go for high odds and it goes wrong though, you will need more than that. I lost a bet at high odds and had to place more bets as i said.

The minimum odds are 1.5 which is low for a bonus so you could try and bet at minimum odds and underlay but i dont like doing this.

Remember the £50 mobile offer as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely it will be £400 as you get the £200 bonus straight away? They're not 'qualifiers' as such as the offer is SR. Obviously you'd use odds below 2.0 but above the minimum odds (1.3?). However, you definitely need a large float - probably £800 plus - before attempting this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gary901)
    Surely it will be £400 as you get the £200 bonus straight away? They're not 'qualifiers' as such as the offer is SR. Obviously you'd use odds below 2.0 but above the minimum odds (1.3?). However, you definitely need a large float - probably £800 plus - before attempting this.
    Right, so let me get this

I deposit £200

I then get £200 in free bets

Should I place 2 seperate £200 bets?

Or spread it out over smaller bets?

Thanks

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.