The Student Room Group
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Stick it out mate, homesickness will go away after time.
Reply 3
If you're just moving due to being homesick it's probably not worth it. Maybe try sticking it out for awhile longer?
Reply 4
Hmm yeah i am homesick (and broke up with g.f too which makes it 10x worse) but i don't really belong to any groups here either which is probably making me want to change unis
Reply 5
Original post by Ashw5
Hmm yeah i am homesick (and broke up with g.f too which makes it 10x worse) but i don't really belong to any groups here either which is probably making me want to change unis

Not worth it.
Reply 6
If you say so but if it doesn't get better in a few weeks i think ill appl for second year entry to other unis... i can still decide to stay here after ive applied can't i? ... anyway how badly will career prospects be affected?
Reply 7
It's not going to be as simple as just MOVING to another Uni when all their places would probably have been taken up already.

Stick it out and don't get discouraged by something so trivial. It'll pass.
Reply 8
I think spending the whole of your first year there is a good idea. Try joining some societies to make some friends :smile:
Reply 9
Have you got any AS-levels in addition to your BBC? If you have you might consider Aston, which asks for 300 points - it has a good rep and if Staffordshire's close to home Birmingham can't be that far!

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/school/eas/beng-mechanical-engineering/
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending