The Student Room Group

Sainsburys womens' uniform?

What is the uniform like... and what sizes do they have?
Will I be able to wear my own black trousers?
Wow first time posting my student room virginity has gone :ahee:
Ermm... its awful, elasticated trousers, and a polo shirt (that's what I had), you can also have blouses. There is also the "fleece" and the "gilet" for colder months. You could probably get away with wearing your own black trousers, but I just wore theirs because I got quite mucky day to day!
The uniform is a blouse or top, which is purple [not bright] and has a collar. There is also a strange fleece thing or a 'body warmer', which come in handy as store seems to be get rather cold. Black trousers are provided but with uniform holds up and delivery issues, your store will let you wear your own black trousers in the meantime. Sizes are the usual ladies sizes - I think they start as little as 4 and go up to 30 [maybe more]. Shoes should be black and "filled in", although I have been wearing 'dolly shoes' and that doesn't seem to be a problem [at the moment]. :smile:

You need to keep hair [of shoulder length or more] tied up, minimal make up, minimal jewellery [simple studs or sleepers for earrings] and no nail varnish. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
You also get a black skirt that looks ok, I cant wear it because I'm up ladders most nights
I don't think you'd be allowed to wear your own trousers personally. The sizes are really off but it depends what trousres you get. The womens night shift trousers are terrible, I can't wear them lol. The normal trousers are too small so go a size up, and for the elasticated ones I'd get either the same size or a size down. The blouses are terrible to work in - I'd rec. a polo. Definitely get a fleece and or/jumper, you'll need em. Oh, the sizes are in normal womens sizes.

Might be cos I work nights but I wear makeup and nail polish [brightly coloured] and nobody has ever told me off for it :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
When going for your interview dress smart but not overly smart. Going dressed in a three piece suit isn't dressing according to your job role.
If you get the job and you're going for your induction training wear smart trousers or skirt and a smart blouse/top or shirt. Smart casual.
You will probably get your uniform on the first or second day if they have your items delivered in store, if not you can get away with wearing plain black trousers till your uniform arrives. BUT you will have to wear Sainsburys tops. So if they don't have your size you will have to make do with wearing a size too big for a while.
You must always wear your name badge. Both on your top/shirt/blouse and your jacket or gilet.
You do officially have to wear all of the Sainsburys uniform. Including their black trousers. On occasions i have worn my own black trousers and got away with it un-noticed. But my trousers did look very similar to Sainsburys. They're a wide fit black with front crease.
You get a choice of a Sainsburys polo top (with long or short sleeves), or a long sleeved blouse. A long sleeved polyester jacket or a Gilet.
You can't wear any coloured nail polish and in our store you can't wear what i call 'fashion' makeup. Overly bold Amy Winehouse style eyeliner or overly bright coloured eyes or neon pink or red lips.
If you have long hair you have to tie it up. You can't wear necklaces or dangly earrings.
You have to wear black closed shoes. No sling backs or slip on shoes, even in the summer months.

Hths
Can you wear all black nike trainers?
Hello guys, I'm in the interview process, hopefully its going well :smile:. Im concerned about the uniform process, I don't really know my size and it always varies. How do I make sure I will order the right size? Do they help you with ordering the right size? Whats the uniform process in general? Sorry for jumping in
Ok.....Greg white and Ian Barlow came too my store just over 2yrs ago...we had a conversation at least an hour long.he saw how i interacted with my colleagues and customers...I'm a transgender female store lead.he changed the hair makeup jewellery piercings policy 6months later...you should have had an email about it.....
How have the rules been changed???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending