The Student Room Group

Rahe et al WJEC

Hello all,

I have been given a number of essay questions to complete over the half term , however i'm slyly confused as to what I should write in each essay. These are the questions which I have been asked to answer:

Rahe et al (1970) 'Predictions of near-future health-change from subjects' preceding life changes'
1. Summarise the aims and context
2. Outline the procedures
3. Describe the findings and conclusions
4. Evaluate the methodology used
5. With reference to alternative evidence, critically assess the study

We only spent about a week on Rahe et al and i'm really confused as to how to answer them. Any help wil be much appreciated, thank you. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
You spent a week studying one paper and you can't answer these questions?
Reply 2
We spent a week studing Rahe et al, not the paper
Reply 3
Do you have the textbook? If not I would HIGHLY reccommend getting it. It sets out each core study in accordance to the questions you stated. You wont need all the information in the textbook but its a brilliant revision tool and enables you to make notes in preparation for answering the said questions.

Have they not explained to you how to answer each question?
Original post by Beaa
Hello all,

I have been given a number of essay questions to complete over the half term , however i'm slyly confused as to what I should write in each essay. These are the questions which I have been asked to answer:

Rahe et al (1970) 'Predictions of near-future health-change from subjects' preceding life changes'
1. Summarise the aims and context
2. Outline the procedures
3. Describe the findings and conclusions
4. Evaluate the methodology used
5. With reference to alternative evidence, critically assess the study

We only spent about a week on Rahe et al and i'm really confused as to how to answer them. Any help wil be much appreciated, thank you. :smile:

Wait a minute, that's PY2, you're not supposed to learn it until January/february!:lolwut:

Anyway didn't the teacher give you notes about it? You cannot know much about it from studying it for one week.
Reply 5
We spent a week on each core study, its plenty of time really, but it IS odd you're doing PY2...now?
I have to say I am also confused.

Cab you clarify what it is you do not understand about the task given?

The questions you have been set are precisely those on the exam paper. You need to know these for each study.
There is a book dedicated to WJEC which I would recommend. Its written by Cara Flanagan et al ( there is an older book but don't use that one, get the new one).

You do not understand what to put in each question?
You dont understand how much you have to write?

What exactly.

A usually go through the studies at the rate of one a week too . It is plenty of time.

I am also confused, as others have said, that you seem to be doing PY2 before PY1.

If you are really, really stuck I can send you some summareies of the studies / I will need a suitable e mail address for that. PM me.
Reply 7
Sorry , I have not had time to come on the computer with stuff happening at home.

Yeah, im not sure how much to write and what to talk about. It might sound a bit odd after spending almost a week studying it, but I really am stuck.

I have answered question 1-3 but dont know what to write for question 4-5 , we haven't discussed any of this in lesson!
Reply 8
Original post by Pheebs1201
Do you have the textbook? If not I would HIGHLY reccommend getting it. It sets out each core study in accordance to the questions you stated. You wont need all the information in the textbook but its a brilliant revision tool and enables you to make notes in preparation for answering the said questions.

Have they not explained to you how to answer each question?

Nope, they didn't explain to us how to answer each question, and the text book which I was given seems to confuse me even more :confused:
Reply 9
Original post by Beaa
Nope, they didn't explain to us how to answer each question, and the text book which I was given seems to confuse me even more :confused:

This is the textbook you need to get your hands on http://www.letsbuyit.co.uk/product/28529803/health-beauty-books/psychology-as-the-complete-companion-for-wjec

It has everything you need and even has sample answers, try and get this online or from a library!

Latest

Trending

Trending