The Student Room Group

midwifery 2011 interviews

Scroll to see replies

Further rejection from City University - only Greenwich left now! Had heard they're looking at the applications from 6th December, so not long...:eek:
Hey; CONGRATS to everyone who has offers and interviews..
Im really nervous as i havent heard anything as of yet :s
applied to Notts, De Montfort, Keele, Greenwich + Swansea..
anyone heard anything from from these? :smile:
Original post by Never_Too_Old
Further rejection from City University - only Greenwich left now! Had heard they're looking at the applications from 6th December, so not long...:eek:

Hey! - sorry to hear about your rejection! but never lose hope because you will get in somewhere im sure :smile: where did you apply hun? I've also applied gto greewich havent heard anything yet? - how do you know there looking at them from 6th dec? :smile:
x:biggrin:
Reply 23
I sent mine one the 19th and my school STILL hasn't sent it on... grrrr.
Reply 24
Just got an interview for Manchester! Jan 11th group 5!!! Anyone else there?
Reply 25
i have mine at manchester on the 3rd (group 2) :s-smilie: do you have any idea what this written exercise maybe?
p.s. anyone else got an interview then? xxx
Reply 26
Original post by kawat1
i have mine at manchester on the 3rd (group 2) :s-smilie: do you have any idea what this written exercise maybe?
p.s. anyone else got an interview then? xxx

Ive heard its an essay on a midwifery related topic, but i could be wrong :smile:
Reply 27
Is midwifery a super-competitive course? I heard it is and my friend is applying and wanted me to ask...

oh and she also wanted to know about the interviews... what are they for exactly?
Original post by nuttynatz
Is midwifery a super-competitive course? I heard it is and my friend is applying and wanted me to ask...

oh and she also wanted to know about the interviews... what are they for exactly?

Yeah it is very competitive! The interviews are basically to work out who would be best suited for the course, i.e. passionate about the subject, a full understanding of the role of midwife, being able to express yourself clearly etc.
Reply 29
thanks... lol.. now she's all nervous... shame

good luck :smile:
Reply 30
I'm pretty worried, not heard anything yet!

Applied to Chester, Nottingham, Liverpool JM and Salford, also applied for health proffesions at Huddersfield as a back up.

My AS grades weren't great so i'm resitting a few exams and i haven't managed to get any experience which directly relates to midwifery.

I am predicted ABC, just hope my AS grades don't drag me down :frown:

Em x
Reply 31
Hello :smile: I just got a message from Kings College saying i've been successful and they'll email about an interview date if more become available for the 19th of jan otherwise i'll get a later one :smile: yaaay! I sent mine 3 weeks ago next monday so was getting worried! I've applied to Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Southampton and obvs Kings! So nervous about the interviews! xxx
Reply 32
Where can you find interview information?
Apart from student midwife.net - that site gave me a virus :angry:
Reply 33
Original post by Albertine
Where can you find interview information?
Apart from student midwife.net - that site gave me a virus :angry:

im a staff member on that forum & i just wanted to point out that if the site gave u a virus it was because of the hacking the forum occurred not so long back which was sorted straight away & full instructions given to those who had got infected on how to remove it. it was nothing to do with the site itself.
I heart studentmidwife.net
:biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by sharpesparkle

Original post by sharpesparkle
No not yet, still waiting for my reference :frown: Just posting to subscribe really! Fingers crossed everyone!

same, i have finished my application and personal statement etc but i am waiting for my tutor to do my reference. x
Reply 36
Ive got an interview at Coventry on 14th December for midwifery. Anyone know what it involves? :smile:
HI GUYS.
just to let you know i had my chester interview today, and it went pretty well. they asked me clinical questions, and she said i got them right! woo!
i got a letter today ive got rejected from manchester - my first choice. they said i didnt meet the grade critea, which i clearly do im expected AAA. they want ABB. obviously they havent read my application not soo well. my best friend applied for manchester for pharmacy, she has 4A's at alevel from 5yrs ago, shes come back to college to complete a ALevel in Chem, 41/2 years experience working in a pharmacy, they emailed her back saying "you havent got enough experience". when clearly she has. - Thats my rant over about Manchester over.
Reply 38
Hi, well there is no chance for me then Manchester is also my first choice and i havent even sent my ucas off yet as i am waiting for my tutor to do my refrence. What sort of questions did chester ask and was it a group interview, i am also applying for chester so any advice would be great.

Thank you :smile: xx
Reply 39
Yay! UWE interview 9th Feb!

Quick Reply

Latest