The Student Room Group

midwifery 2011 interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
And notts on the 18th Jan! They seem to all be responding rapidly now. Good luck every one!
Original post by naomilouise1992
HI GUYS.
just to let you know i had my chester interview today, and it went pretty well. they asked me clinical questions, and she said i got them right! woo!
i got a letter today ive got rejected from manchester - my first choice. they said i didnt meet the grade critea, which i clearly do im expected AAA. they want ABB. obviously they havent read my application not soo well. my best friend applied for manchester for pharmacy, she has 4A's at alevel from 5yrs ago, shes come back to college to complete a ALevel in Chem, 41/2 years experience working in a pharmacy, they emailed her back saying "you havent got enough experience". when clearly she has. - Thats my rant over about Manchester over.

Hey, :smile:
Yeah Nottingham told me my reference wasnt strong enough yet i have read it and it is excellent, nothing at all negative..sometimes they try to find an excuse :smile: but CONGRATS on the interview :smile: Can i ask what sort of clinical Qs they ask you? and where else you have applied?
x:colondollar:
Reply 42
I just got an unsuccessful from Napier. It was my bottom choice but I don't understand as I had a very strong PS very strong reference and they ask for 2cs and I'm predicted 5as?!
Not only that but it was my bottom choice so I'm feeling a bit hopeless right now :frown:
Original post by Laurengemma7
Hey, :smile:
Yeah Nottingham told me my reference wasnt strong enough yet i have read it and it is excellent, nothing at all negative..sometimes they try to find an excuse :smile: but CONGRATS on the interview :smile: Can i ask what sort of clinical Qs they ask you? and where else you have applied?
x:colondollar:

ive also applied at hudds and salford got interviews at both next month
manchester and uclan rejected me :frown:. ive had my interview at chester too. :smile: when i was at my interview they was all older me, in there 20/30s, one girl it was her 4th year trying for it.

Yeah, its a competive course indeed, so they find anything to knock you down.

They asked me how i would cope with still births, how i would react, but everyones were different who i talked too. It was all current whats in the news at the moment really :smile:

where habve you applied too?xx
Reply 44
Original post by Kiyoko

Original post by Kiyoko
Just got an interview for Manchester! Jan 11th group 5!!! Anyone else there?

Me!!!!! See you there! Xx
Reply 45
Original post by gemmyy

Sameeee :smile: I'm in group 4 though :biggrin: So relieved to finally have an interview

xx
Reply 46
Original post by gemmyy

Original post by holliejay
Sameeee :smile: I'm in group 4 though :biggrin: So relieved to finally have an interview

xx

Yay! See you both there...providing were not all snowed in =/
Reply 47
Hiya, I'm applying for Midwifery and have an interview for de montford in jan, it's the only one I have heard back from as of now, was wondering if anyone else has had one there yet and what sort of questions did they ask? :smile:
Reply 48
Wooo Interview at southampton 7th Jan! 5 out of 5! im so chuffed!
Reply 49
Interview at southampton and Nottingham too :biggrin: 3 out of 5... only problem is their both on the same day haha :s-smilie:
Reply 50
Has anyone heard from Birmingham City, Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham or Leeds? I applied mid Novemeber and have so far only got an interview at demontford and heard nothing from the rest except an email from nottingham....
AGHH MY HUDDERSFIELD INTERVIEW IS THIS WEEK! anyone had theres? any tips...
Reply 52
Does anyone have an interview at staffordshire on Thursday?
I'm panicking!
x
Reply 53
Original post by AS2010
Has anyone heard from Birmingham City, Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham or Leeds? I applied mid Novemeber and have so far only got an interview at demontford and heard nothing from the rest except an email from nottingham....

I got rejected from Hallam within 3 weeks, emailed them asking for feedback straight away and never had a reply. (N) x
Reply 54
only had 2 acknowledgements :frown:
I sent mine off on 22nd November and I haven't even had an acknowledgement from Southampton. It makes me saaad! Anyone else in the same position?
Original post by AS2010

hey!
iv also heard from de montfort..whens your interview?
x
ahh i'm so unorganised, I only sent my ucas off today!! :redface:

applied to Salford, Manchester, L.pool JM, Kings College & Notts...... Salford was my 1st choice but it's not looking too hopeful as some of you seem to be much more organised than me and got interviews in Nov/December!!

Does anyone think sending my application off so late (although it is before the deadline!) will hinder any chance i've got?
hope not! :smile:

good luck with all your interviews!
Reply 58
Well as you can see in my sig i sent mine off to the following (see sig) and have had 3 acknowledgement :| so nervous lol xx
Reply 59
I thought i was late sending mine off as people had already had interviews and offers and i sent it off on the 13th of december.

I am really nervous as people are being given offers which obviously reduces the remaining places and there arent that many to begin with but it shouldnt really effect your chances otherwise there would be no point in having a deadline lol :s-smilie:

I have had 4 achknowledgements it is just leeds that didnt send an achknowledgement but i think thats the case with them lol and i have had a rejection aswell so im not feeling too hopefull.

Im sure you have alot to offer and will get interviews :smile: Good luck xx

Quick Reply

Latest