The Student Room Group

midwifery 2011 interviews

Anybody hoping to study midwifery in 2011 got/had an interview yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im so glad you made this because I was wondering the same thing. I've heard nothing yet, only confirmation that my application being received :smile:
Reply 2
yes, i have one at york on the 3rd december.
Reply 3
yeah I have just got one on that day aswell
Reply 4
Anyone else have an Interview for London City?
Waiting to hear from City but only just turned down for KCL :frown:
No not yet, still waiting for my reference :frown: Just posting to subscribe really! Fingers crossed everyone!
Reply 7
Posting to subscribe. My referee is taking ages :frown:
ooo well done; has anyone heard from nottingham, keele, de montford, swansea or greenwich? iv only had aknowledments from notts and de mont?!
x
Reply 9
i'm still waiting to hear from three of my choices aswell :frown:
maybe it just takes some time to process? :smile: what are everyones predicted gradeS? cos all the unis vary now dont they :smile:
Reply 11
I've heard back from De Montfort two weeks ago and have my interview next wed (24th Nov)

Anyone had a reply from Anglia Ruskin??? its the only uni i havent heard back from out of my 5 choices. cheers :smile:
arg you have an interview at de mont? well done i have an aknowledment but no interview as yet :frown: did you get it letter form or through ucas? x
Hey all,

I've applied to Cov (interview on the 14/12), Wolverhampton (not heard anything), BCU ( not heard but wont till feb when they have all the applications) and I've had unsuccessfuls at DMU and Staffs which suck but I'm sorta losing any hope that I will get in this year.

I've just spent the last 2 years doing a part time access course and have obtained Distinctions all the way through and have my 9 and a half GCSE's from when I was a kid, but looks like I'm going to have to something else to up my chances as my tutor thinks this isnt enough.

good luck girls x
Reply 14
I have an interview at Demonfort on Wednesday too :smile: Only reply yet though.
Reply 15
Original post by Laurengemma7

Original post by Laurengemma7
arg you have an interview at de mont? well done i have an aknowledment but no interview as yet :frown: did you get it letter form or through ucas? x

I got a letter through if that helps. I got it about two weeks ago and applied about two weeks before that. They will probably be doing different interview dates so probs nothing to worry about!
Reply 16
Original post by silentkate000
Hey all,

I've applied to Cov (interview on the 14/12), Wolverhampton (not heard anything), BCU ( not heard but wont till feb when they have all the applications) and I've had unsuccessfuls at DMU and Staffs which suck but I'm sorta losing any hope that I will get in this year.

I've just spent the last 2 years doing a part time access course and have obtained Distinctions all the way through and have my 9 and a half GCSE's from when I was a kid, but looks like I'm going to have to something else to up my chances as my tutor thinks this isnt enough.

good luck girls x

Dont be so down about it, your grades were obv good enough for Cov, you have an interview!! :smile:
Reply 17
hi , ive applied to nottingham, had acknowledgment but nothing else yet, its been two weeks now and im starting to get real impatient!!!
hey,
i got an interview at salford on the 11th jan woo!
i have to do a maths and english test while im there. reckon theyll be hard? understandable the english one, but im doing a-level maths, surely it cant be much harder? hopefully.
any interview tips?
Original post by naomilouise1992
hey,
i got an interview at salford on the 11th jan woo!
i have to do a maths and english test while im there. reckon theyll be hard? understandable the english one, but im doing a-level maths, surely it cant be much harder? hopefully.
any interview tips?

You should have no problem with the maths test- it's just to check that applicants have a working knowledge of maths, and I believe you usually get to use a calculator in these tests- not sure about Salford. The English test is to see if you can express yourself clearly, have good spelling and grammar etc- I think it's usually a short essay on a midwifery based topic, so it also checks that you've been thinking about those issues.

Quick Reply

Latest