The Student Room Group

changing university

Hi, I am a bit new to this so hope my questions make sense! i was just wondering if it was possible, or ever been heard of, that someone changed university mid-way through there first year or just before the end of term 1? the reason i ask is because i am currently studying in london and to be honest i am not really enjoying things down here. ive been waiting for things to pick up, but its just that know-one in my halls is really that like me, or likes the thing i like e.t.c. ive only found a few sounds guys and girls but i just keep thinking i;d enjoy myself more at a different university (im thinking leeds or manchester).

im prepared to wait till year 2 to change i think, because i know that is possible (or so ive been told) just wondering if there were anymore quick fix options????

thankyou
I have never heard of someone moving half way through a year although it is possible to move after first year although I am not sure how easy it is, i think its worth speaking to the uni's your looking to move to and someone at your current uni x
Doesn't happen. You pretty much have to wait until 2nd year.
Reply 3
Original post by hamsik6
Hi, I am a bit new to this so hope my questions make sense! i was just wondering if it was possible, or ever been heard of, that someone changed university mid-way through there first year or just before the end of term 1? the reason i ask is because i am currently studying in london and to be honest i am not really enjoying things down here. ive been waiting for things to pick up, but its just that know-one in my halls is really that like me, or likes the thing i like e.t.c. ive only found a few sounds guys and girls but i just keep thinking i;d enjoy myself more at a different university (im thinking leeds or manchester).

im prepared to wait till year 2 to change i think, because i know that is possible (or so ive been told) just wondering if there were anymore quick fix options????

thankyou

But what if people in Leeds and Manchester are similar to those you've experienced with in London?

and, what 'excuse' are you going to tell the uni's? You just going to be honest with them about this?

Latest

Trending

Trending