The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
New and improved listings:

Group leader:
Me (Pollo Loco) (Cambridge, 2nd Year, Med)

Vet Student Members (Med and Sci):
Lessthanthree (Liverpool, 1st Year, Med)
Hawk (Glasgow, 1st Year, Med)
Chocovet (Edinburgh, 2nd Year, Med)
Vet in progess (Bristol, 2nd Year, Med)
hull chic (RVC, 1st Year, Med)
messy (Edinburgh, 2nd Year, Med)
ProvenAngel (Liverpool, 1st Year, Med)
*Arwen* (RVC, 1st Year, Sci)
gt@vetschool (Liverpool, 2nd Year, Med)
northern_lass (RVC, 1st Year, Med)
GoldenBumblebee (Bristol, 1st Year, Med)
voodooshaman (Glasgow, 2nd Year, Med)
spookyluce (Liverpool, 1st Year, Med)
faithless (Liverpool, 1st Year, Med)
SlipperyWhenWet (Glasgow, 2nd Year, Med)
Angharad (Bristol, 2nd Year, Med)

Prospective Student Members:
hippychick4eva (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Cambridge, Bristol and Liverpool)
Toby T (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Nottingham, Bristol & Liverpool)
your.angel (applying for 2006 entry)
-sophie- (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Liverpool, Bristol and Cambridge (girton))

Also, hippychick glad to hear RVC was ok, i didn't get my RVC till January so sounds like things are going ok. Sounds like you didn't do too badly, as long as you coped it's nice to get one out of the way.

Dan
Reply 61
I've been missed off the list Dan! Prospctive student (RVC, Bristol, Cambridge and Liverpool) :smile: Ta
--------------
Don't you just love the way he says, 'vetty love' makes me chuckle teeheehee
Reply 62
Hey vetty commandos (in joke from pathology), a new soc list for you all. Hope AVS is going/starting/will be good.

Group leader:

hippychick4eva (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Cambridge, Bristol and Liverpool)
-sophie- (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Liverpool, Bristol and Cambridge (girton))
willow7272 (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Nottingham, Bristol and Cambridge (clare))

Dan
Reply 63
Can I join? :smile:
I'm a vet nurse and hoping to go to vet school in a couple of years (doing my A Levels at the moment).

Planning to apply to:
RVC
Liverpool
Glasgow
Edinburgh
:biggrin:
Reply 64
Hey

I wld like to join the TSR Veterinary Society as well please! im a prospective student applyin for 2006 entry

Bristol
Cambridge
Endingburgh
RVC
Can i join 2?

I've applied for 2006 entry:
Cambridge (clare)
Liverpool
Bristol
Nottingham

I've been trying to read up on stuff but it's so hard - there is so much and they could ask you anything! :eek: Hopefully i will be able to waffle on about something, but i think my mind will probably just go blank!
Reply 66
Hey guys, just a quick note to say i'm under the kosh with a couple of essay i'd like to get done but i'll do soc listings and dish advice to anyone who wishes it as soon as i can. In the meantime anyone with any help, queries or general chatter (be it vetty or not), go for it.

Dan
Reply 67
Hey, I always get left out. count me in or the fluffy donkey gets it!

leggielass
Reply 68
Group leader:

leggielass (Liverpool, 4th Year, Med)

willow7272 (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Nottingham, Bristol and Cambridge (clare))
helsbels88 (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Edinburgh, Bristol and Cambridge)
fairy princess (applying for 2006 entry at Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol and Cambridge (clare))
Evenstar (Vet Nurse applying to study Vet Med at RVC, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Glasgow)

Think that's everyone for now, so on with the pathology essay!

Dan
Reply 69
Hello,
I'm a graduate applying for 2006 entry to edinburgh, bristol, nottingaham and rvc. Could you put me on your list please. Are there any other graduate/mature applicants around?
My name is looking a bit bare on that list... I'm applying to RVC, Notts, Bristol and Glasgow for when it gets updated. :smile:
just wondering if any of you guys who have had interviews at bristol have any advice or words of wisdom for us people who have interviews on weds? would be much appreciated :rolleyes:
Reply 72
mini_munchkin
just wondering if any of you guys who have had interviews at bristol have any advice or words of wisdom for us people who have interviews on weds? would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

I know that they "like" asking questions on vaccinations on dogs and cats - so I'd check them out incase!!
Reply 73
Bristol asked me a great deal of detailed questions about my work experience but i didn't really like it there, think it showed because they rejected me.

Dan

--------------

Group leader:

leggielass (Liverpool, 4th Year, Med)

your.angel (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Nottingham, Bristol & Glasgow)
helsbels88 (applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Edinburgh, Bristol and Cambridge)
fairy princess (applying for 2006 entry at Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol and Cambridge (clare))
Evenstar (Vet Nurse applying to study Vet Med at RVC, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Glasgow)
chairbear (graduate applying for 2006 entry at RVC, Nottingham, Bristol and Edinburgh)

Think that's it. chairbear, if there are any other grad students applying or already here, they're not showing themselves. Sorry.

Dan
Reply 74
Think that's it. chairbear, if there are any other grad students applying or already here, they're not showing themselves. Sorry.

Dan

Thanks, for looking for me! Let me know if it changes. I've got an interview at Edinburgh on th 30th (so soon)!
Reply 75
Hawk
Heres what I got asked, at least what I can remember it seems such a long time ago when really it isn't.
I just realised this time last year i'd never been to Glasgow before and now its my home :eek:

Has anyone got any ideas about Edinburgh questions?
Reply 76
does anyone know why at cambridge they give you two interviews? do they ask you about different areas or are they both just random? i've never been to cambridge before so i havnt got a clue what its gonna be like!
Reply 77
willow7272
does anyone know why at cambridge they give you two interviews? do they ask you about different areas or are they both just random? i've never been to cambridge before so i havnt got a clue what its gonna be like!

Well if the format is similar at all colleges it should be similar to mine last year.

Each interview had two interviewers and lasted about 20-30mins. There will be one interviewer for each of your a-level subjects - e.g. chemistry, maths & biology, and then the final interviewer will ask you on vet orientated stuff.
Each of the academic interviewers will quizz you on topics from each subject - for example I was asked about organic reaction mechanisms for chemistry, genetics for biology and exponentials for maths.
The Vet guy, some old man called Mr Andrews or sumthing if I remember correctly - didn't really like him :frown: , the others were very nice tho.
Well he asked me about health risks to both animals/humans in the profession and gave me a research based question.

Cambridge definitly gave the toughest out of the four interviews I had, but it was a very enjoyable challenge. I wouldn't overly worry about it, they were very nice people, just be warned that you won't get any of the waffly questions about what you do outside school etc. at least I didn't.
Reply 78
willow7272

Just to supplement what Hawk has said. The basic premise is like he said separate interviewers for each subject and then a vetty interviewer. The people won't be the same as you're applying to Clare not Girton.

The subject stuff usually starts off with something you've sone at a level and then they try to make it more and more advanced to see if you can think outside of the a-level syllabus. They use the subject topics you put on the separate Cambridge application form usually. Just think it through and you'll be fine. Also don't be afraid to say you don't know if you can't get your head around that bit, they understand you're nervous and will help you a bit or move the topic to something you're more familiar with.

Dan
Reply 79
Thanks Hawk and Pollo Loco! I'm gonna make sure i look through my a level notes. Fingers crossed it'll be ok! I've spoken to the admissions lady on the phone and she sounds really friendly, so hopefully the interviewers will be too! Thanks again!

Latest

Trending

Trending