The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

first year mathematicians - what do you think of the course?

is anyone else finding it difficult? maybe it is just because i didn't do alot this summer but apart from the core A and the mechanics course the lectures like probability are going straight over my head and pure is quite slow and computational could go either way. so really this is just a 'is everyone confused about the probability lecture' question? any mathematicians etc care to comment?
Reply 1
Hiya :smile: I'm finding probability really cool and quite easy, but that's probably because I had already done it in high school.. Core A seems quite good, and computational maths a bit boring and slow.. Don't know about the others, I'm doing eco/maths.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
lucky you for the probability! im liking the pure and mechanics but the probability is weird notation! hoping that i will become more familiar with it and it will work better in my mind later on. need to revise a-level stuff this weekend i think - so should have done that this summer...
Reply 3
Don't worry about probability, i found the first term of probability really hard, but you will start to understand and get used to the notation after a while.

lolly (2nd year maths) xx

Latest

Trending

Trending