The Student Room Group

A stupid question...(essay length)

Hi, I know this might sound like a stupid question, but I've been writing an essay for Sociology, and was wondering how much roughly do you write?

I know it varies, but I've read the Sociology essay leaflet we got from school and there seems to be a very rigid structure, and I was thinking, is 2 pages enough for an essay? (Typed font 10).

I just need a rough idea, thanks.

:smile:
Reply 1
Icy Ghost
Hi, I know this might sound like a stupid question, but I've been writing an essay for Sociology, and was wondering how much roughly do you write?

I know it varies, but I've read the Sociology essay leaflet we got from school and there seems to be a very rigid structure, and I was thinking, is 2 pages enough for an essay? (Typed font 10).

I just need a rough idea, thanks.

:smile:

At AS - 2 to 3 sides typed (times new roman 12)

At A2 - 4 to 5 sides typed
Peacey
At AS - 2 to 3 sides typed (times new roman 12)

More like 2 handwritten for full marks...?
Reply 3
tis_me_lord
More like 2 handwritten for full marks...?

Under exam conditions - i'd expect more of a homework essay.
Reply 4
Thanks for your replies :smile: and thanks mods for changing the title, lol :smile:

So 2 handwritten sides should be the rough length in an exam?
Reply 5
for AS i wrote about 2 sides typed and got As on them... theyre pretty easy when you know all the concepts pretty well. For A2 it seems taht 3-4 pages typd is expected. ARGH lol.

And i personally think that 3-4 handwritten sides in an exam equates to 1-2 typed.

Latest

Trending

Trending