The Student Room Group

Help with applied mathematics and engineering mathematics!

Okay, so I'm applying to uni to study Applied Mathematics, Engineering Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering. I know they are different courses but they are generaly similar in respect to the course syllabus.
I can't find any information on the internet about people who have actually applied to these kind of courses (not even applied maths!). :frown:
Can anyone pass anything my way about the course, for example what it's like in uni, what jobs they are hoping for, what they talked about in their personal statement, any information on further reading fr the course. Anything at all, many thanks :smile:
I've never heard of engineering mathematics or mathematical engineering degrees. I'd imagine that a proper engineering degree would be much more useful for finding work as an engineer, though.
They sound like modules within an engineering degree as opposed to a stand alone degrees. Are you sure they're degrees? Because I'm 91% sure they're not.

What branch of engineering are you interested in btw?
Reply 3
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
They sound like modules within an engineering degree as opposed to a stand alone degrees. Are you sure they're degrees? Because I'm 91% sure they're not.

What branch of engineering are you interested in btw?

They are definitely degrees, there are 3 I know of in the UK: Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham, they're on the UCAS website.
At the end of the day I'm really stuck on writing a personal statement, and how to write it if its about Engineering Mathematics :/

Latest

Trending

Trending