it is awesome =D

not BBB but still awesome =D
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
GLASGOW

it is awesome =D

not BBB but still awesome =D

Ohhh that man.. :coma:
You got really good grades, aren't you aiming a bit too low? (bbb?) I think your lowest should be aab or abb
Original post by wherethebeaverlive
You got really good grades, aren't you aiming a bit too low? (bbb?) I think your lowest should be aab or abb

I see your point, but given that the way we apply to university atm is really a massive gamble, an offer from a BBB university could really be what gets someone into uni.

Now if we applied to universities after we got our A2 grades, life would be so much simpler.

Alas, we are forced to gamble :frown:
Original post by ilickbatteries
I see your point, but given that the way we apply to university atm is really a massive gamble, an offer from a BBB university could really be what gets someone into uni.

Now if we applied to universities after we got our A2 grades, life would be so much simpler.

I don't know if it's still the same, but when I applied to glasgow I was told that if my predicted grades were good enough, I'd get in, no matter what personal statement and reference was!
I don't know if it's still the same, but when I applied to glasgow I was told that if my predicted grades were good enough, I'd get in, no matter what personal statement and reference was!

That's the thing, innit. Some places are really big on references, personal statements, extra-curriculars etc. Some places don't give a **** as long as you get the grades.

I think it should be grades and references only, unless you are applying as a mature student, getting onto a course with relevant experience or applying for something that requires portfolio work.

I'm sure the admissions officer at X University really doesn't care how much charity work I've done or how many times I've captained whatever sports team as long as I get the grades the university want.
(edited 10 years ago)
That's the thing, innit. Some places are really big on references, personal statements, extra-curriculars etc. Some places don't give a **** as long as you get the grades.

I think it should be grades and references only, unless you are applying as a mature student, getting onto a course with relevant experience or applying for something that requires portfolio work.

I'm sure the admissions officer at X University really doesn't care how much charity work I've done or how many times I've captained whatever sports team as long as I get the grades the university want.

I'm 99% sure they don't look at references or personal statements, I got an offer like a day after applying!

And i'm having the time of my life here!! DEF APPLY TO GLASGOW
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm 99% sure they don't look at references or personal statements, I got an offer like a day after applying!

And i'm having the time of my life here!! DEF APPLY TO GLASGOW

I would but I can't understand Scottish.

If the girls there look like Karen Gillan then I'll apply...
I would but I can't understand Scottish.

If the girls there look like Karen Gillan then I'll apply...

it's fine to understand =D i'm coping =D

the girls are hot (no homo)
RHUL
Queen's Belfast? I think they're BBB...
Original post by wherethebeaverlive

Hmm I mean I know Edinburgh is BBB but its ridiculously competitive and Exeter and East Anglia are AAA

As for the course, I am one of those people that seriously LOVES all types of literature so it's not too hard to choose but I'd like a uni with a nice atmosphere which is kinda why I was put off applying to Warick (heard there's lotsa snobbery though would love to be proven wrong!) and Durham (especially since they look at your GCSEs and mine were pretty standard)

Ohh to hell with it, I'm choosing an AAB instead of another BBB- hmm Leeds or Lanacaster...

As for my BBB, I like the prestige of Aberdeen and the sounds of the course but I may well go for Aberystwyth instead :smile:

I get why they like personal statements to differentiate between candidates but it annoys the crap out of me that people can so easily get unequal amounts of help and lie in them (know of people who are doing that :angry: )
What also annoys me is how some schools inflate predicted grades which is why I'm soooooo glad they'll be able to see my AS grades!!
(edited 10 years ago)

Also, I'd like to go into my exams knowing I'd have a uni to fall back on that I'd love just as much as my first choice :biggrin:
Original post by TheSmithsIndeed
Hmm I mean I know Edinburgh is BBB but its ridiculously competitive and Exeter and East Anglia are AAA

As for the course, I am one of those people that seriously LOVES all types of literature so it's not too hard to choose but I'd like a uni with a nice atmosphere which is kinda why I was put off applying to Warick (heard there's lotsa snobbery though would love to be proven wrong!) and Durham (especially since they look at your GCSEs and mine were pretty standard)

Ohh to hell with it, I'm choosing an AAB instead of another BBB- hmm Leeds or Lanacaster...

As for my BBB, I like the prestige of Aberdeen and the sounds of the course but I may well go for Aberystwyth instead :smile:

Aberystwyth sounds like a good bet; I know a couple of people who've started there this year and they love it. And Leeds is good, but very competitive; probably more so than East Anglia. Don't know about Lancaster and Aberdeen though, although everyone always says that while Aberdeen is good it's always overlooked, so you'll get a good course for lower entry requirements :smile: Or Liverpool?

Latest

Trending

Trending