The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Germany. I went to Berlin in the summer and it was a clunge-fest like no other. And their economy is ridiculous.
Reply 41
Monaco :sexface:
Aside from Britain I'd go with The Netherlands or Scandanavia, because the people are adorable!
Reply 43
Greece, because my parents are Greek. :P (and love the cuisine). :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Spain :biggrin:
Original post by Indigenous Scoti
The vast majority of Turkey is in western asia, its people are not culturally europe.

Yes, you're right. Though it could also be argued that the Ottoman Empire became the heir to the Roman Empire after it conquered Byzantium. And let's also not forget that a lot of the cultural practices and architecture are Byzantian inspired. Even the mosques and their large domes.

Indeginous Scoti
They are nothing like us and they dont even look like us. I take offense when Turks call themselves 'european'.

Actually, a lot of Turks are ethnically European. If you knew anything about the foundations of the Turkish republic, you'd know of the 'ethnic migrations' which took place. A lot of Balkan, Greek and other European muslims migrated to Turkey, and many Christian Turks were sent to Europe.

I know Turks who could be mistaken for Germans or Poles. I also know some who's families came from Bulgaria or Bosnia. The sooner you become educated, the better. The Turkish race, in the pure sense, are not Middle Eastern, they're a nomadic people who came from the Altaic Mountains. Go take a geography lesson before even the American overtakes you.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Yes, you're right. Though it could also be argued that the Ottoman Empire became the heir to the Roman Empire after it conquered Byzantium. And let's also not forget that a lot of the cultural practices and architecture are Byzantian inspired. Even the mosques and their large domes.

Actually, a lot of Turks are ethnically European. If you knew anything about the foundations of the Turkish republic, you'd know of the 'ethnic migrations' which took place. A lot of Balkan, Greek and other European muslims migrated to Turkey, and many Christian Turks were sent to Europe.

I know Turks who could be mistaken for Germans or Poles. I also know some who's families came from Bulgaria or Bosnia. The sooner you become educated, the better. The Turkish race, in the pure sense, are not Middle Eastern, they're a nomadic people who came from the Altaic Mountains. Go take a geography lesson before even the American overtakes you.

The Turks are very very mixed but mostly European mixture is int he minority. Turks could never pass for germans or poles who amongst other central and northern european are the lightest in the world. Some Turks could maybe pass for greeks, but no way could they pass for poles or germans

None of these Turks even remotely looks white.
Original post by Indigenous Scoti
The Turks are very very mixed but mostly European mixture is int he minority. Turks could never pass for germans or poles who amongst other central and northern european are the lightest in the world. Some Turks could maybe pass for greeks, but no way could they pass for poles or germans

[Picture]

None of these Turks even remotely looks white.

The trouble with pictures like that is that they only represent a fraction of Turkey's make up. For example, the Turks who migrated to England are mainly Cypriots and Kurds. Lots of central Anatolians went to France, etc.

Turks from the Black Sea area are very fair skinned and could pass off as Europeans. This is partly due to the fact that before the Turks arrived in Anatolia, that area was Pontic Greek.

And regarding your comment on (passing as) Greeks. They're very mixed as well, and some are very dark skinned. A bit like Italians, and how there's such a big difference between the appearance of those in Turin, and those in Sicily.
Reply 48
I would say Germany, but given how incredibly racist the country is, they don't deserve a thing.

Holland gets my vote.
Reply 49
Of the European countries i've been to... Probably the Netherlands (or maybe Germany)
Close one between Iceland and Holland. Oh and maybe Sweden for...some reason :perv:
Original post by Left Hand Drive
Scotland

Of course! :biggrin:

But it's not the best in terms of the weather...probably one of the worst in terms of weather :p:

Apart from Scotland, i'm going to say Spain :smile:
Reply 52
Spain
UK
Belgium
Reply 53
Liechtenstein.

They do naked marathons and you get to have pit stop sex half way through.
Germany
Reply 55
Original post by mooniibuggy
Germany

Interestingly, I actually studied the same course that you are applying for.

Also, Liechtenstein is the best European country because they do naked marathons and you get to have snowy pit stop sex halfway through.
Reply 56
Original post by RamocitoMorales

I was gonna say the same thing, Kurdish Turks can be very fair skinned, kind of Spanish looking. Also, this girl :sogood:
Reply 57
Original post by Pi!
Spain
UK
Belgium

Why Belgium?
Original post by effofex
Interestingly, I actually studied the same course that you are applying for.

Also, Liechtenstein is the best European country because they do naked marathons and you get to have snowy pit stop sex halfway through.

- Woohhhoo that makes you a Legend! :h:
- I've never been to Liechtenstein, but it sounds very fun ! :perv:
Reply 59
Original post by mare?
Why Belgium?

because it is the only country in the whole world which has a fully lit motorway network.

Latest

Trending

Trending