The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This won't be heavily biased.

Royal Brittania, obviously. Fight the good fight my fellow tea drinkers! :awesome:
Maybe slightly biased, but United Kingdom.

I hear Norway's pretty swell too.
if we are talking about continental european - which we must be, for there to be any point in this - my favourite country is greece. based on culture, food, people...
Pffft. Britain, of course.
Reply 5

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Iceland has almost no ethnic minorities. My vote is for Iceland
England!
Really, though, I like Italy.
England obv :tea:
In what terms?

I would like to say the United Kingdom, but we have too many chavs, third-world immigrants, not to mention one of the most plutocratic systems in Europe.

Then again, every country has its own set of problems.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
if we are talking about continental european - which we must be, for there to be any point in this - my favourite country is greece. based on culture, food, people...

are you from greece or something?? I just can't see how people would say that if they weren't greek. the people can be nice but they are mainly rude and not helpful at all (Im not talking about a tavern owner, Im talking about the actual people, those you need in your everyday life (taxi/bus drivers, public workers etc), the food is indeed good (souvlaki ftw) but the country has so many problems. It needs a radical change in ideology, organisation, education etc.

anyway, as a greek myself I love the country, I wouldn't change being greek, I would however change many things in greece. I think that only people who trully love their country have the courage and the ability to criticise it.
Reply 11
Norway
Reply 12
Turkey

That's right I said it.
Original post by mare?
Turkey

That's right I said it.

Turkey is not European, its people are not European, nor its culture or values
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Xristina
are you from greece or something?? I just can't see how people would say that if they weren't greek. the people can be nice but they are mainly rude and not helpful at all (Im not talking about a tavern owner, Im talking about the actual people, those you need in your everyday life (taxi/bus drivers, public workers etc), the food is indeed good (souvlaki ftw) but the country has so many problems. It needs a radical change in ideology, organisation, education etc.

anyway, as a greek myself I love the country, I wouldn't change being greek, I would however change many things in greece. I think that only people who trully love their country have the courage and the ability to criticise it.

nope, from UK, as were parents and grandparents.
I don't know, I like the laid back attitude and how honest and upfront people seem to be, however much that may be interpreted as rudeness. And I like how everyone just ignores stupid regulations. I'm not saying its the most efficient model of a country or the best governed, obviously it's not. I just think it's pretty cool.
Reply 15
Belgium :smile:
Turkey. :p:

Indeginous Scoti
Turkey is not European, its people are not European, nor its culture or values

Turkey's got more land in continental Europe than the United Kingdom has, and this land is home to approximately 10 million people or more. That's a larger population than some European countries. Also, much of Eastern and Central Europe was part of the Turkish empire for centuries. It is very much a part of Europe and its history.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Turkey. :p:

Turkey's got more land in continental Europe than the United Kingdom has, and this land is home to approximately 10 million people or more. That's a larger population than some European countries. Also, much of Eastern and Central Europe was part of the Turkish empire for centuries. It is very much a part of Europe and its history.

The vast majority of Turkey is in western asia, its people are not culturally europe. They are Muslims for christ sake. Europeans do not regard them as European. They are nothing like us and they dont even look like us. I take offense when Turks call themselves 'european'.

They are not, they are anything but. Ramicto please go face mecca and kiss your carpet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
I can see this ending well. Especially if that 'Sweden#1!' guy shows up.

Anyway, my vote goes to The Netherlands.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Atlantis!

Latest

Trending

Trending