The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL LAW - entry 2011

i am appl
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The university doesn't know what your first choice of uni is, so i won't have an affect. And neither will the fact that your uncle is Head of Law, as the uni would have to be fair and unbiased. However, your grades look good and as long as you have a good PS and interview everything will be alright, hopefully :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
the C doesnt look too good. most applicants have straight A*s/As.

your uncle is head of law of what? the UCL law faculty?
you mean they give out interviews for law?
Original post by ncsjohn02
the C doesnt look too good. most applicants have straight A*s/As.

your uncle is head of law of what? the UCL law faculty?

I just got an offer...gcses A*A*A* AAAAABBBB, AS are AABC...
Reply 5
Original post by judgejohndeed
I just got an offer...gcses A*A*A* AAAAABBBB, AS are AABC...

a little shocking tbh. but still, it was an AAA offer. maybe you had a good PS/co-curriculars/LNAT? :dontknow:
Original post by ncsjohn02
a little shocking tbh. but still, it was an AAA offer. maybe you had a good PS/co-curriculars/LNAT? :dontknow:

I have no extra curriculars except a part time job. And AAA offer is standard for UCL Law..
Reply 7
I have no extra curriculars except a part time job. And AAA offer is standard for UCL Law..

:facepalm: i was implying that you still have to achieve 3 A grades despite not having not done so well for AS. what were your predicted grades?
Well I got 100% for one of my As and 90% overall for the other, with a 97% module...I'm retaking coursework for the B as I was 5 UMS marks below an A and the AQA english people screwed up. So I don't think AAA is out of reach when I'm predicted A*A*A. It just annoys me when people are like "oh don't apply to x university with THOSE grades", because clearly grades aren't everything.
Reply 9

It just annoys me when people are like "oh don't apply to x university with THOSE grades", because clearly grades aren't everything.

Agreed.

However, it can't be said that it's "wrong" to advise people on the probable outcome of their application. I'll be honest, I assume you absolutely wrecked the LNAT.

In any case, well done :top2: Is UCL not your top choice?
Original post by Mann18
Agreed.

However, it can't be said that it's "wrong" to advise people on the probable outcome of their application. I'll be honest, I assume you absolutely wrecked the LNAT.

In any case, well done :top2: Is UCL not your top choice?

I'm not sure tbh, I thought I'd failed it big time - I only put UCL on track, it was never a top option, and by the end of my lnat I was bored and just randomly clicking answers. So I don't really know how this occured :/ it might be my top choice now, waiting to hear from Notts and Warwick first though. Thanks :smile:
Reply 11
I'm not sure tbh, I thought I'd failed it big time - I only put UCL on track, it was never a top option, and by the end of my lnat I was bored and just randomly clicking answers. So I don't really know how this occured :/ it might be my top choice now, waiting to hear from Notts and Warwick first though. Thanks :smile:

:rofl: You are my hero.

But seriously, if I were you, I would definitely go to UCL if you don't mind studying in London, and wanted to maximise your chances after your degree of gaining employment in a top firm or wherever really. Nottingham is good too though I agree.

Good luck with everything.
Original post by Mann18
:rofl: You are my hero.

But seriously, if I were you, I would definitely go to UCL if you don't mind studying in London, and wanted to maximise your chances after your degree of gaining employment in a top firm or wherever really. Nottingham is good too though I agree.

Good luck with everything.

Lol sorry it was real boring and all about sciencey **** that I had no clue about! So I was a bit like **** this I'll just go to somewhere that doesn't take lnat :smile: thanks!
Reply 13
Lol sorry it was real boring and all about sciencey **** that I had no clue about! So I was a bit like **** this I'll just go to somewhere that doesn't take lnat :smile: thanks!

judgejohndeed - are you an international student? Sorry if you've mentioned this before but what are your grades and when did you apply?
Congratulations on your offer :smile:

I'm still impatiently waiting to hear!
Original post by lbaxter13
judgejohndeed - are you an international student? Sorry if you've mentioned this before but what are your grades and when did you apply?
Congratulations on your offer :smile:

I'm still impatiently waiting to hear!

No I'm not lol. Erm my grades = GCSEs A*A*A* AAAAA BBBB , AS AABC, predicted A*A*Aa. GOod luck :smile:
Reply 15
I got an offer on 2nd Dec!
Conditional: 3 A's for A levels (and yes I'm an international student, before anyone asks).

Still waiting for a reply from Cambridge though...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
How long do you think its going to take them to reply to the majority of UK applications? growing a bit impatient now haha
Reply 17
Original post by ohcupid
I got an offer on 2nd Dec!
Conditional: 3 A's for A levels (and yes I'm an international student, before anyone asks).

Still waiting for a reply from Cambridge though...

Hi :smile: Congrats on your offer! I'm an international student too. When did you apply?
Was anyone at the open day last week?
Reply 19
Original post by maka9
Hi :smile: Congrats on your offer! I'm an international student too. When did you apply?

I applied in Oct I think, to meet the Cambridge deadline. You? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending