The Student Room Group

Application question

hey guys :smile:
has anybody on here gotten into universities with limitied hobbies??
because i know you have to stand out from others with other interests, and I don't seem to have any that make stand out!! :frown:
Reply 1
The only thing i really did was horseriding and things like reading and swimming but only recreational like
i just talked about what books i'd read and how recreational things helped me to relax etc
but yeh basically my hobbies were pretty limited but i still managed to get 2 offers (eventually) if you're lucky enough to get an interview then just work really hard so you can blow them away!
Reply 2
Original post by starfall
The only thing i really did was horseriding and things like reading and swimming but only recreational like
i just talked about what books i'd read and how recreational things helped me to relax etc
but yeh basically my hobbies were pretty limited but i still managed to get 2 offers (eventually) if you're lucky enough to get an interview then just work really hard so you can blow them away!

didn't you do camp america? i'm sure that counts as extra-curricular... :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by starfall

ok cool thanks, that makes me feel better!! all i have is climbing, hiking and reading...so if i can talk about my books like you did i should be ok!! :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by schizopear
didn't you do camp america? i'm sure that counts as extra-curricular... :tongue:

i'd only applied, not got a placement during intevriew time and they didnt ask about it at all.... i was pretty glad they didnt tho, my reason for going was that it seemed like a good idea at the time :p:
All I had was digital art on photoshop, reading, writing, and training my dog in competition obedience and flyball. I also had a part time job, so that might have helped :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by skatealexia
All I had was digital art on photoshop, reading, writing, and training my dog in competition obedience and flyball. I also had a part time job, so that might have helped :smile:

oh cool!! do you think walking my dog can be one? :biggrin: ok, so as long as I don't have to be involved in about fifty sports, that's fine!! :tongue:
thanks!!
Yes, walking the dog certainly can be. :smile:
Reply 8
awesome! :biggrin: thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest