The Student Room Group

Made to feel guilty about course

My friend is always complaining about how much work she has and how her course is so hard. I feel as though she is trying to make a point that hers is much harder than mine and that I should feel guilty or lazy in some way. She also seems to insinuate that I am distracting her from her work, when I really am not. I am sure that her course does not demand all the reading she has, and that others on her course don't do as much, so I wonder why she stresses out so much about it instead of taking a chill pill and not acting like the world will end if she doesn't do all her reading. She treats me like an idiot sometimes and snaps about how she wakes up early every morning to work. It's really starting to get to me. Has anyone else been made to feel like this?
What are the courses you're doing?
Reply 2
not really. people complain to me about the workload of their courses, i'm just like get with it.
Reply 3
Well I'm doing English and she is doing War Studies...I don't think I can really bring it up without creating more tension and bitching!
English usually has a hell of a lot of reading. War Studies has about the same amount as history, so they're both similar subjects. I don't see what her problem is.
Reply 5
I'd have thought they'd be about equal in reading... some people are just very stressy about work.
Reply 6
Yeah I think you're right, but every time I tell her to chill out a bit she acts as though I couldn't possibly understand. Plus she has hardly any assessed essays, and last year I had twice the amount of final exams, some of which were all bunched together while she had hardly any and they were all spread out, with three weeks in between two of them. Grrr....
Reply 7
She is probably over-doing it.

I did no revision for my first 'mock test' , it wasnt even really a mock test, but a guy i know studied 21 hours over a week for it... when it counts for nothing, shows nothing.. just does nothing. He has also studied most days for a few hours, and tries to make me seem stupid for not doing it.

then again..
when his facebook status's are 'been revising hard and can now do a balance sheet' .. i can't help but laugh.
Reply 8
Hahaha! Sounds a bit like my friend...
Reply 9
Original post by Tommyjw
then again..
when his facebook status's are 'been revising hard and can now do a balance sheet' .. i can't help but laugh.

Sounds to me as if you are just a teensy weensy bit bothered by it. Can you honestly say that you're not a bit concerned that you should be working harder?

Latest

Trending

Trending