The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh yeh, I forgot that Will can't see the mod forum anymore which means I've only communicated with Helen :rolleyes: So congratulations, Will :five:
Original post by Socrates
yeah, I'm definitely struggling with this new look TSR :frown:

Its not that different :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Original post by Feefifofum
Congratulations! The ring is indeed gorgeous. Did Helen know you were going to propose, or was it a surprise?

It was a surprise. I almost managed it to be a complete surprise, even with her catching the bouquet at a wedding a few weeks ago, but I had to go into town shopping the day before we left and wouldn't tell her what for, so she got a very slight inkling that I might be getting the ring, when actually it was entirely different. But she wasn't expecting it, just vaguely thought (I think read: hoped :p: ) that I might be.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Drogue
It was a surprise. I almost managed it to be a complete surprise, even with her catching the bouquet at a wedding a few weeks ago, but I had to go into town shopping the day before we left and wouldn't tell her what for, so she got a very slight inkling that I might be getting the ring, when actually it was entirely different. But she wasn't expecting it, just vaguely thought (I think read: hoped :-p) that I might be.

Nawwww :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Drogue
It was a surprise. I almost managed it to be a complete surprise, even with her catching the bouquet at a wedding a few weeks ago, but I had to go into town shopping the day before we left and wouldn't tell her what for, so she got a very slight inkling that I might be getting the ring, when actually it was entirely different. But she wasn't expecting it, just vaguely thought (I think read: hoped :p: ) that I might be.

Come on, tell us how you did it :p:

Original post by Socrates
Hi!

Iraq is still hot, and trying to do your lessons in a language you barely understand is challenging. Otherwise all is well. :biggrin:

Ooh tell us what you've been up to! Seen/experienced anything cool?
Waaah, new thread.

MB
I want a proposal story, and I want one NOW.

:rant:
Be careful what you wish for. Apparently there's a film :ahhhhh:
wooo new thread

(and new TSR IS that different in that I can no longer post from my phone :mad: :mad: :mad: )
Original post by Ice_Queen

It's really really really sweet and lovely (I saw Helen's post in the Med sub-forum) :wink:
*ambles off to the hence unknown lands that are the medicine subforums*

EDIT: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by PQ
wooo new thread

(and new TSR IS that different in that I can no longer post from my phone :mad: :mad: :mad: )

LOVE the new avatar!

Original post by apotoftea
It's really really really sweet and lovely (I saw Helen's post in the Med sub-forum) :wink:

*goes to look too*
Also loving the title /late.

What a cosy, lovey-dovey start we have to this new thread :cute:
Reply 32
Original post by Becca
Come on, tell us how you did it :p:

Original post by Ice_Queen

We went for lunch at Akelarre, an incredible 3-Michelin-Starred restaurant with a spectacular view, and had 9 courses of truly innovative perfection with 9 glasses of wonderful wine (and wine-like drinks - serving ice cider with a beautiful lobe of foie gras and a 30 year old palo cortado sherry with a veal and razor clam dish were great pairings), over about 4 hours, on a beautiful, clear, sunny day, all while looking out over this (we had a lovely window seat):

(This blog goes through pretty much exactly what we ate, with pictures, to show quite how spectacular it was)

We then went for a walk back along the top of the hill/ridge (both the restaurant and our hotel were on this ridge). About half way home, there was a tree-lined field on our left that looked out onto the ocean, so I suggested I take a photo of us in front of the view. I got a rock that happened to be there, put my camera on it and pretended to set it to a timelapse, but instead put it on video mode. Then I walked over, kissed her, pulled a little box out of my bag and got on one knee. Then we walked home with a distinctly bigger smile on her face :biggrin:

There were a few little things that went wrong in setting this up though (thankfully unnoticed): firstly I couldn't get through to her dad all morning to formally ask permission, so had to dash outside to make a quick phonecall mid-lunch (while she thought I was in the loo) when I finally got through to him; secondly the ring box was too big to sit in my pocket without drawing undue attention, so I had to take a few extra things with us as an excuse to take a small carrier bag; and thirdly they'd closed the path I'd carefully streetviewed that went from the restaurant along the side of the ridge, so we had to walk on the path by the road until I luckily noticed the field with the pretty view.

Also, while I thought I'd managed to do the whole thing totally without her guessing, the day before we left for San Sebastian I had to dash into town and wouldn't tell her what I needed to buy, so she got a very slight inkling I might be getting a ring, when actually I'd got the ring weeks before and this was unrelated. Still, the slight inkling wasn't an expectation, so it was still a distinct surprise!

And in case you haven't seen it elsewhere, here's the pretty sparkly thing (the picture doesn't do the sparkles justice, as I couldn't get the flash to make it look right, it gives an idea):

(edited 13 years ago)
I have a big smile on my face from reading that! :colondollar:

Yay for you guys :yep:

Edit: "You have already rated a post by this user recently!" :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
So pretty and nice :smile:

Can you marry me instead?
Aw lovely story!
Reply 36
Original post by Drogue
We went for lunch at Akelarre, an incredible 3-Michelin-Starred restaurant with a spectacular view, and had 9 courses of truly innovative perfection with 9 glasses of wonderful wine (and wine-like drinks - serving ice cider with a beautiful lobe of foie gras and a 30 year old palo cortado sherry with a veal and razor clam dish were great pairings), over about 4 hours, on a beautiful, clear, sunny day, all while looking out over this (we had a lovely window seat):

(This blog goes through pretty much exactly what we ate, with pictures, to show quite how spectacular it was)

We then went for a walk back along the top of the hill/ridge (both the restaurant and our hotel were on this ridge). About half way home, there was a tree-lined field on our left that looked out onto the ocean, so I suggested I take a photo of us in front of the view. I got a rock that happened to be there, put my camera on it and pretended to set it to a timelapse, but instead put it on video mode. Then I walked over, kissed her, pulled a little box out of my bag and got on one knee. Then we walked home with a distinctly bigger smile on her face :biggrin:

There were a few little things that went wrong in setting this up though (thankfully unnoticed): firstly I couldn't get through to her dad all morning to formally ask permission, so had to dash outside to make a quick phonecall mid-lunch (while she thought I was in the loo) when I finally got through to him; secondly the ring box was too big to sit in my pocket without drawing undue attention, so I had to take a few extra things with us as an excuse to take a small carrier bag; and thirdly they'd closed the path I'd carefully streetviewed that went from the restaurant along the side of the ridge, so we had to walk on the path by the road until I luckily noticed the field with the pretty view.

Also, while I thought I'd managed to do the whole thing totally without her guessing, the day before we left for San Sebastian I had to dash into town and wouldn't tell her what I needed to buy, so she got a very slight inkling I might be getting a ring, when actually I'd got the ring weeks before and this was unrelated. Still, the slight inkling wasn't an expectation, so it was still a distinct surprise!

And in case you haven't seen it elsewhere, here's the pretty sparkly thing (the picture doesn't do the sparkles justice, as I couldn't get the flash to make it look right, it gives an idea):

Amazing! I can't wait to read your blog either. Yay for you guys! I cannot rep you again either :colonhash:

You're going to have to keep us updated on wedding plans :biggrin:
Once again nawwwwwwwww :biggrin:
That's such a lovely story! Congratulations again. :biggrin:
Reply 39
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Latest

Trending

Trending