The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It depends on the university and course that you're applying to. All of the universities that I have applied to have stated in emails that the actually require x number of merits/distinctions at level 3, whilst I have seen some people on TSR getting offers that specify just an overall Pass.

Generally speaking, the more prestigious the university and the more academic the course, the more credits at merit/distinction that universities are going to require.

Some universities have provided their typical offers for Access students to UCAS and if you do a search on the UCAS website for the specific course, if it has a full entry profile, you might find the requirements there. Otherwise, your best bet would be to email the universities individually and ask for clarification on their entry requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by manickode
I understand that the old structure was x amount of level 3 credits out of 60 but only fifteen out of fifty of the Universities offering my degree have any mention to the number of merits and distinctions required.

The others just say 45 credits at level 3 out of 60 or Access Diploma or no mention at all.

Do these uni's just want passes?

From my research so far manickode it seems the more reputable universities like manchester and many others want so many level 3 credits on a specifield Access Pathway course at both merit and distinction.In fact as many level 3 credits as a mature applicant on a recognised Access to He diploma can obtain.It really depends on the most part what type of degree you want to do.
You will find some universities just want you to pass your Access to He diploma course whilst other universities will want certain grading criteria to be meet ie pass so many level 3 credits at Merit or Distinction.Like TomU has already stated check on the UCAS website and use the search facility for the degree you wish to do and under each university profile it will tell you what they are looking for,with regards to credits etc
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest