The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
so far we havn't been into london. but im sure we will after we're all bored the the local pubs. not really too much to do around here though. student union's alright, but local area is pretty dull. just a normal small town. im sure london will soon beckon.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
London already beckon's really, Kez. It's only a matter of time before we go.

The area is really, really nice and pleasant. This has its upside and downside, however. It may look nice, but there's not alot going on. Fortunately the SU has something going on every night other than Sunday, which is good. The problem with London is that it's quite expensive to get there, unless you arrange a mini-bus and chip-in or something. We'll have to look at that sort of thing before we go.

Oh, and if you end up at Brunel's Runnymede campus, bring a frisbee.
Reply 3
im goin to the uni in 2006 so all i know is what i saw on the open days..basically i think most people stay on campus but it isn't far to get to central london..however the only problem i see is getting back to uni after a night out...the SU is apparently buzzing all term time, however ive seen it when it's the summer hols n egham is basically dead as many have gone home. the monkey's forehead is always full n basically i think life revolves around the campus
Reply 4
the SU puts on buses for people who live off-campus which is a pound, after union events which is like every night of the week. but i live in kingswood halls, (KW1 ROCKS HARDEST lol) and we tend to walk home in groups from campus because it saves a pound and u sober up a bit on the way home which is probably a good idea!
Reply 5
Yeah, the walk back to Runnymede is almost the same as the Kingswood treck. Do you venture off down the dark footpath or stick to the main road?

Dark footpath all the way! It's *so* much more fun.
Reply 6
lol i dont actually see the point in gettin the bus when u can walk anyways!

how was the school disco night thing?
Reply 7
how far is royal hollaway from central london by car?
Reply 8
Hralipour
lol i dont actually see the point in gettin the bus when u can walk anyways!

The bus is useful when it's raining or really muddy still - you don't want to be walking around feeling soggy all day!
Plus if you're too drunk to stand up straight, getting the bus is better.

I walk down the dark lanes, usually by myself though. It's a bit scary sometimes, so last night my friend walked me all the way home, even though he lives on campus!

The disco was fun!
Don't walk down dark lanes by yourself! My friend was followed last year on the way back from a netball meeting! Luckily she found a fellow Holloway student heading the same way as her and walked with him. Safety in numbers people! I wouldn't take the risk.
waiting2smile
Don't walk down dark lanes by yourself! My friend was followed last year on the way back from a netball meeting! Luckily she found a fellow Holloway student heading the same way as her and walked with him. Safety in numbers people! I wouldn't take the risk.

I know it's bad, but sometimes it's either me go by myself or not at all...
The other night it did feel like something was going to jump out of the bushes at me though! I was very thankful that my friend took me home after the disco, especially as it meant he had to go back by himself - he said it didn't take as long going home as he ran mose of the way!
Reply 11
I'm a 6' 4" bloke :wink:. But seriously, there's always about 6 of us, so it's not really a problem.
Rivey
I'm a 6' 4" bloke :wink:.

Sadly I'm not... :wink:
The path is really eerie looking when it's all misty.
Reply 13
It's the focal point of the conversation on the way home.

"Mobiles out, lads".
Reply 14
lol! iv been walked home very kindly a few times by guys from a block :smile: but you know, when you're drunk it seems to be a lot shorter a walk! lol tee hee :smile:
Reply 15
hehe i cant wait til next sept :biggrin:

im not walkin down the long road that goes towards the station in the dark..EVER!

Latest

Trending

Trending