The Student Room Group

Famous movie quotes of the last decade

Scroll to see replies

"maattt daamoonn"
Reply 81
"I have had it with these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane".
Reply 82
Original post by coffee&cigarettes
"maattt daamoonn"

Lol! Can't believe no one said that one! :laugh:
Reply 83
Gladiator is by far the most well known of all the choices.

I think that this thread was created to show how quotes from films from 2000-2010 haven't caught on anywhere near as frequently as those from the 90s. (or the 80s).

Everything on the whole, to me, has been just a little bit less memorable than the 90s including videogames and music.
Probably not to someone younger though but I know that the most memorable films from the 90s were widely quotable by people aged over 18.
(edited 13 years ago)
"Fish are friends, not food" - finding nemo
"My precious" - lord of the rings
"At my signal, unleash hell" - gladiator
"Sexy time" - Borat
"This guy is either gonna think 'Here's another kid with a fake ID' or 'Here's McLovin, a 25 year old Hawaiian organ donor'." - Superbad

And not necessarily famous, but funniest in my opinion (gonna copy and past from imdb so that I get it right):

"- I have a question for you real quick. What did you think of my demo? Did you get it?
-I was gonna listen to that, but then, um, I just carried on living my life."

Btw, you realise Forrest Gump is 1994, right?
Reply 85
'I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.' From Taken.

“If we were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack you! If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I’d swim out in the middle of the ocean and freakin EAT YOU! And then I’d bang your tuna girlfriend.”

“Ok, first off, a lion? Swimming in the ocean? Lions don’t like water! If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that makes sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot waves (I’m assuming it’s off the coast of South Africa). Going up against a full grown 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends? You lose that battle. You lose that battle 9 times out of 10. Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve talked to ourselves. We’ve communicated. And I said, ‘You know what?! Lion tastes good! Lets go get some more lion!’ We’ve developed a system: to establish a beachhead and to aggressively hunt you and your family. And we will corner you and your, your pride, your children.”

“How you gonna do that?”

“We will construct a series of breathing apparatus with kelp! We will be able to track certain amounts of oxygen. It’s not gonna be days at a time. An hour? Hour 45? No problem! That’ll give us enough time to figure out where you live, go back to the sea, get more oxygen, and then stalk you. You just lost in your own game. You’re outdone and outmanned……….Did that go the way you thought it was gonna go? …..NOPE.”

From The Other Guys
Reply 86
Thatsa bingo
Reply 87
i have HAD IT, with these MOTHER ****ING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHER****ING PLANE
Reply 88
Original post by Reems
'I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.' From Taken.

“If we were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack you! If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I’d swim out in the middle of the ocean and freakin EAT YOU! And then I’d bang your tuna girlfriend.”

“Ok, first off, a lion? Swimming in the ocean? Lions don’t like water! If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that makes sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot waves (I’m assuming it’s off the coast of South Africa). Going up against a full grown 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends? You lose that battle. You lose that battle 9 times out of 10. Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve talked to ourselves. We’ve communicated. And I said, ‘You know what?! Lion tastes good! Lets go get some more lion!’ We’ve developed a system: to establish a beachhead and to aggressively hunt you and your family. And we will corner you and your, your pride, your children.”

“How you gonna do that?”

“We will construct a series of breathing apparatus with kelp! We will be able to track certain amounts of oxygen. It’s not gonna be days at a time. An hour? Hour 45? No problem! That’ll give us enough time to figure out where you live, go back to the sea, get more oxygen, and then stalk you. You just lost in your own game. You’re outdone and outmanned……….Did that go the way you thought it was gonna go? …..NOPE.”

From The Other Guys

So so funny, what a film
Reply 89
The best qoute of the decade from the best man himself

"GET OFF MY LAWN" Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood
Reply 90
Original post by avaas
The best qoute of the decade from the best man himself

"GET OFF MY LAWN" Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood

That's the best quote of the decade?

Hmm.
Reply 91
Original post by Kevin J
That's the best quote of the decade?

Hmm.

YES !!! look at the way clint says it, the timing, tone, and the effect is amazing. prob not funny, but the way its presented and its impact is highly unique. :smile:
"to me, you are perfect"-love actually

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending