The Student Room Group
kskh1990
Hi. I am 16 and going to the army next week for residential work exp. Should be interesting. I am 1 of 4 girls going. Anyway, does ANYONE KNOW OF ANYONE who has done this before?? If yes please please can you post a message: what sorts of stuff did they do/what kind of food they got etc. I feel unprepared!!
Thanks

Yes, I did it last February, with 32 Regiment Royal Artillery. Basically, they go over all the sorts of careers at some point, and you get plenty of chance to ask all sorts of questions. You also have fitness tests, and I spent one day doing abseling and high-wire confidence and one night sleeping our on Salisbury Plain with a sleeping bag having to build my own shelter. It hit -4 that night! :eek: Luckily they were Arctic sleeping bags. :biggrin:

Foodwise, there was a good choice of different foods, often different themes on different nights, and it was all good quality. There was about 15 people on my course, between 14 and 18. Oh, you should also get the chance to see recruits in training.

Overall, it was a great week, although I was possibly lucky in having an absolutely amazing training team. You should have recieved a letter of what stuff to take.

Any other questions, just feel free to ask! :wink:
Reply 2
wow, thanks. so what was the plan for a typical day? apparently we have to get up at 6:00 and go for a run. is that true?? cheers :smile:
kskh1990
wow, thanks. so what was the plan for a typical day? apparently we have to get up at 6:00 and go for a run. is that true?? cheers :smile:

Never had a morning run, but it's bound to vary between regiments. WHere are you going?

Typical day consited of getting up at 6-ish, getting dressed and clearing your kit of for inspection, then Breakfast, then maybe some drill practise or general fitness/beasting. It really isn't set, but you usually get a few hours at the end of the day to unwind. :smile:
Reply 4
Hashshashin
Never had a morning run, but it's bound to vary between regiments. WHere are you going?

Typical day consited of getting up at 6-ish, getting dressed and clearing your kit of for inspection, then Breakfast, then maybe some drill practise or general fitness/beasting. It really isn't set, but you usually get a few hours at the end of the day to unwind. :smile:

general fitness/beasting... what's that? marching?! lol. I am going to Richmond, up north. what did u do for evening activities, if anything?
Reply 5
A mate of mine is currently serving in the 23rd artillery regiment! comes home every weekend and is in love with the army! fukin loves the place! even though he takes so much **** for bein the only asian in that battery or regiment can't remember which! he's always involved in the colege demo's n **** lol trying to promote equality in the army! even tho when he started he got **** kikd out of him to prove he weren't no different! they run them residentials from my old school aswell every one thats been on them says there lodsa fun but dnt expect much sleep!
--------------
i meant the 32nd artillery regiment

Latest

Trending

Trending