The Student Room Group

What wierd habbits do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CuteStar*
And when i'm tired i rub my eyes and nose

Awww........thats so cute :colondollar:
I bet you'd look like a tired puppy.
I feel bad about drinking juice/coke/tea/coffee because I'm perfectly fine with water and I sort of feel that it's a waste xD
It's the same with food - I'm happy with a bowl of rice with some soup. I don't like to over-indulge... unless it's nutella :p:
I hate buying new coloured pens because I don't want to waste them and ruin them.
I don't really buy many clothes either, because I feel like I'm wasting money.
I rarely buy food/drink when I'm down the highstreet because I feel like I'm wasting money.
I can jump out of bed (literally) at 6 on the dot for school, no matter how tired I am.

I also like hard work, in the sense that I find doing back breaking work really rewarding mentally. I think it makes you a stronger person haha.
I cry at the silliest of things; when I see a baby or an old person, just from love xD

BASICALLY, I like the simple life, and I think that a small amount of 'struggle' in your life is natural, and good for you as a character.
(edited 13 years ago)
I wee before everything I do - just to be on the safe side

I sleep with a teddy

I like to chew things - like even my passport had teeth marks in

I eat banana and nutella on toast

and loads of other stuff!
Original post by NightWatch
When i'm embarrassed or nervous I brush my nose with my hand.
I always double check the toilet when I leave the bathroom
I always smell bank notes when I get them... :coma: and petrol.

I have two eyes that works, yet, I'm blind, I check the taps 5 times before leaving toilet/kitchen.

My mum advised me to use my hands to swipe below the tap to see whether its on or off.
Reply 84
Original post by demmo
I chew the insides of my cheeks when I get nervous or bored:sigh:

:biggrin:I do that too:biggrin:.sometimeS my tongue aswel! .. my dad and step mum go crazy at me because they do not like the sound...:smile:
Original post by TheDustyKid
Laurence. I think i would've made a good Monica though =D

Isn't Laurence a universal name? Laurence is still a nice name, never knew someone called that. I'm sure you make a good Laurence too :bubbles:.
Reply 86
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
I feel bad about drinking juice/coke/tea/coffee because I'm perfectly fine with water and I sort of feel that it's a waste xD
It's the same with food - I'm happy with a bowl of rice with some soup. I don't like to over-indulge... unless it's nutella :p:
I hate buying new coloured pens because I don't want to waste them and ruin them.
I rarely buy food/drink when I'm down the highstreet because I feel like I'm wasting money.
I can jump out of bed (literally) at 6 on the dot for school, no matter how tired I am.

I also like hard work, in the sense that I find doing back breaking work really rewarding mentally. I think it makes you a stronger person haha.
I cry at the silliest of things; when I see a baby or an old person, just from love xD

BASICALLY, I like the simple life, and I think that a small amount of 'struggle' in your life is natural, and good for you as a character.

Wow, are you my clone? It's unreal how much of this I can relate to!
I rarely buy clothes, and if/when I do... I feel so bad after it.
I have a thing for buying food/drink too, so expensive but we DO need it :/
I wouldn't say I cry, but I can be awfully soppy haha
I have Ketchup with Pizza
I cant sleep unless I pee before
I click my jaw

...yeah I'm not that weird then :frown:
Original post by burial
Wow, are you my clone? It's unreal how much of this I can relate to!
I rarely buy clothes, and if/when I do... I feel so bad after it.
I have a thing for buying food/drink too, so expensive but we DO need it :/
I wouldn't say I cry, but I can be awfully soppy haha

Haha wow :five:

I feel bad about EVERYTHING. Literally. I bought a top the other day and then was like 'ah ****, do I really need it?'.

As for food and drink - because I'm still at school, any food I have is from home... I don't mind buying from the school canteen but if we were to go out to eat during lunch, I'd be like mMmm my monies :eek: I don't mind going hungry. Actually now that I think about it, I don't really get that hungry either.

Haha I don't always cry, t'was a bit of an exaggeration :rolleyes: But I do get soppy. A lot xD
Reply 89
I read sad threads like these :/
Reply 90
I have to check that everything is off before i go bed lol, really annoying.....like I check if TV plugs are off, the water ain't running and door is locked...should really get it sorted :wink:
Reply 91
I think I forgot my weird habits as I was reading the others :/

No I think I remember some...

I smell all new books I get, especially from Waterstones for some reason, they have a distinct smell.
I kind of obsess over interesting people I get to know, not like scary stalking, just like to know things about them. Like I raid their facebook pages, and being a tad bit observant it helps you make a lot of conclusions!
I like to change my book shelf differently every couple of weeks, alphabetically, colour coded, whatever comes to mind.
I also like to crack jokes from movies a lot of times to friends!
The toilet is also my favourite place to think.
I have to 'click' my toes before I go to sleep...
I fiddle with my ear lobes/play with my hair when I'm nervous/bored/don't know what to do.
And when I'm doing the grocery shopping I have to 'group' all my items on the conveyor belt - fruit, then veg, then frozen goods, then meats and dairy, then bread items, etc. And everything has to be placed neatly, parallel lines etc - in fact this is relevant to lots of things in my life haa. I like to be tidy :smile:
Original post by I AM AWESOME!

I check my closest before I go to sleep every night and under my bed as (i) If you've ever watched Doctor Who - The Girl in the Fire Place, there's a clockwork monster under Madame De Pompadours bed, and the fact that I have two pretty old clocks in my room means checking is a MUST! (ii) I'm not even going to bother writing this, as it's pretty damn weird but hey, there you go!

Omw right, I made my Dad buy me a bed that nothing could get under because of that episode :') Maybe the BBC did a deal with a bed company..
Reply 94
Original post by Blueflare
I always make sure the last morsel of every meal is a particularly tasty one.
It's usually the nicest looking piece of meat I leave right to the end, and then, nom nom nom. :biggrin: :coma:
I like things to end on a high!

That's not weird; just very sensible :yep:
Original post by CityOfMyHeart

Reduce, reuse, recycle much? Nahh, I'm like that to although I can't tell if i'm being cheap or I feel bad.
I have a weird habit of biting everything - mostly biro pens until they are worn down
Reply 97
I have to schedule everything - if it's revision or homework or weightlifting or whatever. I have to have a plan and I have to right it down - I won't be able to do a past paper tomorrow if it is not allocated a little slot. I do most of my schedules on Excel so they are constantly revised when the don't go to plan and they must be revised or I feel really weird - someone looking at an old revision schedule would assume that for my GCSEs I did every bit of revision I planned to do and that I didn't plan very much revision, but in reality the unrevised before hindsight plan said I needed to do far more revision which I didn't do.

Weird huh.
I like to touch my eyes.
Reply 99
Sniff my socks before I wear them, even when they're right out of the wash. Oh, and I like to type out random smiley faces (immediately deleting them after) while contemplating what to write in essays and other formal documents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending