The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you sure it's a verruca? I once tried to cut what I thought to be a verruca out and it turned out just to be a build up of dead skin :o:
Reply 2
Original post by davidmarsh01
Are you sure it's a verruca? I once tried to cut what I thought to be a verruca out and it turned out just to be a build up of dead skin :o:

Completely sure.
Reply 3
I did when I was younger
After about a year of treatment I got sick of it one night and pulled it out in the bath
No blood and no more problems
Reply 4
Bazuka that Verruca!
Reply 5
Original post by Fusion
Bazuka that Verruca!

It failed. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Fusion
Bazuka that Verruca!

That's exactly what I thought!

Damn.

------

And for my 1000th post, I get 1-uped! Great.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
If it's bothering you that much, get the doctor to freeze it off. I'd be worried about it getting infected from the cut as it's a difficult place to keep clean.
Reply 8
Original post by Tuppenny
If it's bothering you that much, get the doctor to freeze it off. I'd be worried about it getting infected from the cut as it's a difficult place to keep clean.

Tried it, didn't work. It's resisted every treatment, apart from actual surgery. I'm just wondering if I have to do that properly, considering it's coming out now and is really painful, or if I can get drunk enough and cut it out (someone else performs that; the drinking is to numb the pain. :wink:)
Jesus christ, pull or cut it off???
I had a verruca once and I can't imagine how painful that would be. :zomg:
Mine just went away on its own after a while.
If it is bothering you that much just go to the doctor and they can sort it out safely.
No, the virus that causes verruca and warts starts very deep and moves its way up to the surface of your skin, and it definitely starts deeper than is safe for you to be taking a razor to. Chopping the top off it will superficially help it for about a day or two before it grows back. Go to your doctors and have it blasted with liquid nitrogen by a nurse, it only takes 5 minutes!
Get your GP to freeze it off. Durr
Reply 12
Doctors sometimes 'scrape' off warts in a similar way as an alternative to freezing them, never heard of it being done with veruccas though, since they're usually buried in deep. I guess you could try to cut it out yourself, just make sure the razor is clean. But to be honest I'd say stick to the Bazuka - it takes persistence but it DOES work.
ahhh ow :zomg:

go to a chiropodist if it's really bad. verrucas go really deep, you don't want to cut it out unless it's come to the surface. ow.
Reply 14
Original post by secret_smile
Jesus christ, pull or cut it off???
I had a verruca once and I can't imagine how painful that would be. :zomg:
Mine just went away on its own after a while.
If it is bothering you that much just go to the doctor and they can sort it out safely.

Original post by CosmicDancer21
No, the virus that causes verruca and warts starts very deep and moves its way up to the surface of your skin, and it definitely starts deeper than is safe for you to be taking a razor to. Chopping the top off it will superficially help it for about a day or two before it grows back. Go to your doctors and have it blasted with liquid nitrogen by a nurse, it only takes 5 minutes!

See post #9. :wink:
Reply 15
What? Bazooka didn't work? Impossible...
Reply 16
Original post by chemical_bex
Get your GP to freeze it off. Durr

Aagin, post 9.

Original post by Cybele
Doctors sometimes 'scrape' off warts in a similar way as an alternative to freezing them, never heard of it being done with veruccas though, since they're usually buried in deep. I guess you could try to cut it out yourself, just make sure the razor is clean. But to be honest I'd say stick to the Bazuka - it takes persistence but it DOES work.

I did it consistently for nearly two years - didn't have any impact.
Original post by Anonymous
See post #9. :wink:

Ok, go have a doctor surgically remove it then. Rather than getting drunk and taking a razor to it.
Either way, let a doctor take care of it.
Original post by davidmarsh01

That has to be the sexiest comment I've ever read. It really is. xD
Original post by Anonymous
Theoretically, can you cut a verruca out of your foot with a razor blade?

I wouldn't recommend it. The foot is a really sensitive area. I firstly tried all the creams on the market. When that failed I went to the GP. He gave me some acid stuff. That failed. So he tried freezing it. Fail too. So eventually under a local, he cut it out! It's gone now, and I have relatively nice feet again. Some are persistent buggers. My advise is not to give up.

PS some of the GP's I saw said it would go away in five years. It didn't! Find one that will treat it. There is really no ideal solution, but keep trying.

Latest