The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

From about 8 onward it was "Entomologist". Certainly still a possibility, especially since I keep many an invert, but a career in exotic animals(not necessarily insects, maybe reptiles, amphibians etc) is highly likely.
Reply 21
Archaeologist
Astronomer
Businessman
Football Scout
Actor
Forensic Psychologist
Back to Businessman

Now: Juggling between journalist and author whilst realising that without a rich and well connected family, this will remain unobtainable.
Original post by Skoji

Maybe at an OutwardBound centre... I hear they go caving there, in purpose-built natural caverns or something. I'll have a look at that now.

Yeah, that was the type of thing I was thinking about - outdoor activities centres etc. Being an instructor at one of those sounds pretty good, apart from all the health and safety stuff.
Original post by geetar
A 'little red tractor'. When I realised that was sadly unattainable, I changed it to farmer.

Neither of which I want to be now. I don't know how the agricultural sector will cope.

You do realise how uncool your avatar makes you look right?

You also write like a 70 year old, which doesn't help a lot either! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
Yeah, that was the type of thing I was thinking about - outdoor activities centres etc. Being an instructor at one of those sounds pretty good, apart from all the health and safety stuff.

Hmm, I can't find any caving, but there's loads of other outdoor activities. I'll think about that...
Reply 25
I wanna be like Jesse McCartney =D or live my life like those guys in Entourage.
Reply 26
Original post by I AM AWESOME!
You do realise how uncool your avatar makes you look right?

You also write like a 70 year old, which doesn't help a lot either! :biggrin:

I'm okay with it.
Reply 27
'Explorer', lawyer, news reporter to even psychologist lol.

And now, i just want to go into prostitution. Jk.
Reply 28
Apparently I wanted to be a milk lady when I was very little. My mum said it's because I liked our milkman. :\

Throughout my childhood I have wanted to be: Police officer, firefighter, nurse, psychologist, journalist, lawyer, teacher, crash scene investigator.

But I have always come back to police. Loved them since I was about 6, I've always said I wanted to do it, I love everything about it. And now I'm 21 and it's still what I want. :smile:
an astronout ! space exploration.
What I wanted to be: Archaeologist
What I'm going to be: Mediocre surgeon
An astronaut - I went to an astronomy club for adults when I was 8 :ninja:

Pro swimmer & footballer - I was well on the way to becoming a pro, possible olympic training chances etc :cry: - biggest regret of my life not taking the chances that presented themselves to me!

An actress - Confidence issues haha. Once I'm in the zone though, I'm in the zoooone.

... Now I wanna be someone who can make a difference to the world, in some way or another.
Original post by jimmyshamim1
I wanted to be Michael Jackson - Its a good job that didn't happen eh!!!:eek::cool:

I don't find that particular amusing, especially now that Michael Jackson has passed on to a better place. A doubt others find you funny too, so do us a favour and drop the clown act please.

Original post by Skoji
I used to have dreams of being an actor, but I can't act. The only talent of mine I can think of has no real world application. So I'm probably going to end up being an office drone, killing myself with boredom and frustration every single day.

Sigh.

Being an actor is a great idea, though you can't act which is not wise! What is the talent you are thinking of? An office drone is not my ideal career to be honest. Though gay people do tend to fit into the workplace better and leave a lasting impression than their heterosexual counterpart. You shouldn't kill yourself because you are homosexual. Life is great. Appreciate it and move onto better yourself.

Original post by FF-
i wanted to be a football player...

i still wish... but need a miracle xD

That's a tad unrealistic don't you think?

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
A 'medieval archaeologist'.

Pity. So many people failing to meet their aspirations so early on in life. I did in fact want to be a Medieval Historian, which is similar to what you wanted to become.

Original post by James4d
Author.

Now- musician.

I'm studying Drama and Spanish so both those dreams seem pretty out of reach atm :/

Yes they do seem a little out of reach don't they? Maybe you should have taken a degree in English Literature and pursued becoming an Author! Drama and Spanish a considerably easier than English though, so I see why you were unrealistic in a sense.

Original post by Atrozius Faatz
Astronaut, of course!

I've still got an interest in space though, just need to find a slightly more realistic job in that industry. :laugh:

Pah! Get real... I share your enthusiasm for space though!

Original post by Cinqueta
Normal.

Since when have homosexuals been considered normal by society?

Original post by Ice_Queen
Actually, I've never really wanted to be much else that I remember.

Except when I was REALLY little and wanted to be a farmer's wife. Too much Enid Blyton.

I have no idea what 'Enid Blyton' is... A farmers wife sounds a little lacklustre don't you think? Perhaps you should travel to a large city and then you'll change for sure! Also farmer's aren't exactly intelligent now are they? And their wifes are as dumb as a mule!

Original post by Mastermind`
A virgin and my wet dream has been fulfilled. :colondollar:

Good for you, sir.
forensic psychologist.

BAM.
Reply 34

Since when have homosexuals been considered normal by society?

Since 1967 when it was made legal in the UK :p:
Reply 35
Being an actor is a great idea, though you can't act which is not wise! What is the talent you are thinking of? An office drone is not my ideal career to be honest. Though gay people do tend to fit into the workplace better and leave a lasting impression than their heterosexual counterpart. You shouldn't kill yourself because you are homosexual. Life is great. Appreciate it and move onto better yourself.

Whoah, the killing myself comment wasn't meant to be literal! And I'm not upset because I'm gay. The talent's caving, like I talked about with FormerlyHistoryStudent.
Original post by SuicideCommando
forensic psychologist.

I wanted to be this about 3 years ago :smile: Not anymore though...

When i was in primary school, i wanted to be:

Estate Agent
Surveyor
Judge - ( too much Judge Judy :p: )
Teacher
Children's author
plus many more....

i really wanted to work in Toys R Us! :smile:

Once i grew older (began high school), i've wanted to be:

Primary School Teacher
English Teacher
Air Hostess
Forensic Psychologist
Forensic Chemist or Forensic Biologist
Chemistry Teacher
Doctor - my firm decision! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't find that particular amusing, especially now that Michael Jackson has passed on to a better place. A doubt others find you funny too, so do us a favour and drop the clown act please.

Better place - I thought peados went to hell?? :s-smilie::confused::eek::tongue:
Reply 38
An airplane driver :smile:
I wanted to be a nurse when I was a wee toot.
Then from around 8 till forever I want/ed to be a Marine Biologist
Did nay get the grades, so I'm going to be a nurse :smile:

Latest