The Student Room Group

Considering Dropping out of university and re-apply for next year. Need Advice

So in August 2010 i came out with three A-level 'C' grades (240 ucas tariff) in media, art, and music technology, after not really pulling my weight and achieving my predicted ABC.
However i still gained my first place choice as i applied for a brand new course starting mid September 2010 and very few people applied for it. (I guess i got lucky)

I decided to chose a university close to home so i could live at home and significantly cut down on debts i would have by the time of finishing my 3 year honours degree.

Unfortunately the course hasn't turned out as what i expected (after giving it ago for 5 weeks), i feel like i'm a guinea pig and a good half of the modules aren't what they were made out to be in the prospectus. Not living in halls/student accommodation has also put a boundary between the few people that are on my course as they had already connected with flat mates and made friends in the first few weeks. And i've seen photo's of friends that moved to nottingham trent and cardiff ect, and they look like there having an amazing time.

In all i'm thinking about dropping out, and re applying for a different course at a different university where i can live away from home and live the real university life.

Questions:
1. Is there a deadline date for dropping out of university?

2. Will i have to pay back the loan/grant i've spent in the first 5 weeks?

3. Or is there anyway of getting a transfer of some kind?
Reply 1
1. Depends on the University
2. Yes
3. Possibly at the end of the current academic year

Latest

Trending

Trending