The Student Room Group

Typical Student Day

Scroll to see replies

Well today I woke up at 7.15, did a little work that was due today (eek) then had breakfast and got dressed. Left the house at 9 to get to uni for 11 (ouch) and had a Biology lecture for two hours, then an hour for lunch (chatted with my friends in the diner) then a two hour applied psychology lecture.

Then had to make another 2 hour journey home (which was more like an hour and a half, because Mum kindly picked me up from the train station) and got absolutely soaked on the way..

Came home, helped Mum to cook tea, ate tea, washed up, considered doing some work, dismissed the thought, came online :biggrin:

..But then again, I hardly have the "typical" life of a student, because I live at home and have to spend four hours everyday travelling, which, by the way, is absolutely killing me.
I'm going next year but my typical routine will be:

Get up 7am,
Get to lectures and what not.
Then have 10 - 48 hours coding spree with similar people, making a billion pound website.

Can't wait!

Well that's the dream.
Reply 22
Original post by Quail
Usually:
Wake up
Cry about being awake
Force self out of bed
Stumble into shower
"Breakfast? Hoho breakfast is for the weak"
Go to lecture
"I AM SO HUNGRY"
Hunt down a tasty morsel to eat
Forget everything from lecture
Bumble off home/ get a tube somewhere fun
Doss around for hours on end
Consider making dinner
"Grapes and yoghurt it is"
Get invited out
"Sleep or social life?"
Go out on the basis that you'll only have one drink and then go and start assignment
Find out it's a cheap night at the Union
Roll home
Look in purse and cry
BBC iPlayer
Attempt to sleep
Fail

<3
Original post by bearfaced
Wake up at 9am. Decide to skive 2 hour biology lecture as the Powerpoints are on Blackboard anyway. Watch daytime tv-Jeremy Kyle and This Morning. Go into uni for boring afternoon tutorial. Then wait 45 minutes in the dark and freezing cold for the crappy uni bus service which at rush hour is always late. The bus is meant to be every 10-15 minutes. Order pizza. Watch Simpsons, Hollyoaks and Masterchef. Drink a nice cup of tea. Go to bed.

Anything interesting happen in Hollyoaks?
Today was not a typical day for me as I didn't go into Uni as I was ill but normally:
Alarm goes off at 9, dismiss and reset for another half an hour/hour etc until nearer time of actual lecture and not get any of the list of random things I was going to do in the morning done.
Get up at 11, get coffee, breakfast, shower, dressed and chuck boyfriend out of house/go back to own house.
Most days lecture is actually at 12.10, leave house at 12 and rush to lecture to make it in time, make it in time. Sometimes I even have more lectures!
Finish lecture, then either go to town for coffee/shopping/reading with boyfriend with coffee OR go home and do house cleaning/tidying and/or Uni work. And at some point eat lunch.
At some point cook tea, usually between 5 and 7, just in time to go out for the evening for one of the choirs/cinema trips/pubbing etc.
Come home 11ish, or to boyf's, go to bed and watch something on iPlayer or DVD (play DS, do reading for next day that previously forgot etc)
12ish-1ish go to sleep and repeat.
For me get up at 7am
out the house by 7.45
Get to uni at 8.50 so run to lecture
lectures till 5pm
get home at 6pm

Then St Johns, taekwondo or out

sleep about 1am get up and repeat
Reply 26
Depends if I've been out the night before:

Non drunk night: Wake up at 7.30, shower and breakfast. Attend lecture by 9 am and have lunch around 1pm. Dinner at 6, gym from 9 - 10 pm every night and then bed.

Drunken night: Wake up at 10 am [miss first lecture], shower, no breakfast and no lunch. Go to the rest of my lectures, bed for a few hours then wake up at 8 and head to the gym.
Wake up, lectures, tutorial, head to the library, leave about 8pm and eat something hot, return to the library, walk home at around 1.30am. That's been the average day so far at least.
Wake Up at half 9.
Go to lectures where I get bored and dont bother listening and just spend my time either sleeping or on blackberry messenger.
Come home cook dinner.
Attempt seminar/tutorial work
Get depressed that I chose a degree with such a heavy workload
Drink myself into a stupour alone in my room
Throw up till I am slightly sober
Cry and masturbate profusely
Sleep in a cesspit of my own filth

Except on Mondays and Thursdays. Mondays and Thursdays I hit the club
Original post by ily_em
(which I will do. In 5 minutes. Honest.)

I've been saying that to myself for the past 2 hours...

...or the past 2 years:biggrin:
I'm not liking this 'wake up at 7am' business.
Today:

8:45 - Wake up
9:45 - Gym
11:00-1:00 - Tutorials + lecture
1:00-2:00 - Get food
2:00-3:00 - Tutorial
3:00-6:30 - Get some things in town and chill at home catching up on TV shows
7:00-9:00 - Ju-jitsu
9:00-?? - TSR + food + watch Champions League highlights
Reply 32
Wake up round 8 (hungover most of the time)
3 S's then stumble to lecturer/studio
Try to stay awake during lecture and attempt to take notes then remember that lecture will be on blackboard so don't
Get some work done/mess round in the studio for a few hours
Go do shopping if needed
Go back to flat
Get some more work done (or attempt)
Have someone ask me to go out
If I have booze and cash start predrinking
Drink too much
Mcdonalds
Possibly more drinking back at flat
Do something stupid
Sleep
well in the day i go out to lectures and seminars , grab some lunch with some friends in my free , in the evenings i either go out for a few drinks down the local pub , or stay in and study/hang out with mates in room =)

on my two days off i spend this time sleeping,studying and going into town shopping =)
Everybody seems to have such an easy time!

I'm doing engineering at Sheffield, tuesday is by far my worst day...

8am wake up
9am C programming lecture
10am free hour, did some tutorial work in the library
11am time with my tutor
12pm maths lecture
1pm lunch
2pm 3 hour lab (designing the layout for circuits using a software package)
5pm Electric circuits lecture
6.30pm arrive back in halls

though no matter what course you're on you're unlikely to have a day as long as that, 3 days a week i have 4 lectures/tutorials starting at 9 and am finished by 1. I have about 22 hours a week (first year), international students have 24 as they have extra english language support.
D: I am so jealous of people in this thread who get to wake up after 8am every morning! I have 9am lectures most morning so have to be up at 7am and be out by 8.15am - I have a snooze battle with my alarm for about an hour every morning so I am late most days... -.-

9am usually til 12, maybe a break from 12 til 1, and then 1-5pm I have a lecture and then 3 hours of labs. We were told labs would only be twice a week and at specific times but my bloody timetable changes every week, it's insane! Labs are hell to be honest. I physically cannot concentrate for 3 hours solid on the same bloody piece of work in the same fricking room. It kills my brain, and we're not even allowed a break!

However a good day is Wednesdays - in for 10am out by 2pm :smile:
Original post by MetalheadA7X

That's my uni life.
Amazing how I am getting 2:1's

It's coz you're at Trent.
Got in at 5.30am after stewarding a trip to bristol. Woke up midday done some work, then spent the last few hours playing Football manager 11 and watching How i met your mother. With the occasional break of toilet, food and drink needs.
Reply 38
Normally:

7:30 - wake up, shower, breakfast.
8:15 - leave for the bus
9:00 - first lecture
13:00 - finish lectures, have lunch
14:00 - back home or do labs
18:00 - definitely back home
20:00 - dinner
21:00 - work
01:00 - bed if 9am lecture tomorrow
02:00 - bed if 10am lecture tomorrow
Depends what time my first lecture is...

say its 9

Get up at 7:50, shower and eat etc....
Leave at 8:20 to walk in
Normally have lectures until 5ish...so just, am there...in my hours off I either eat or go the library

Get back, go over my lectures from the day...make some additional notes.
Do some reading I need to do (I always seem to have work to do!)
Go make some tea
Then we're normally all bored so we just do random stuff/sit around chatting

Eventually end up with us all just sitting in our rooms on the internet by about 12 or so, normally just before we all go to bed!

This changes about a bit though...bit of spontenaity never hurt :h:

Quick Reply

Latest