The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit Three: Beliefs in Society

Scroll to see replies

We've been taught all of it, but I'm not feeling it this year.....last year I got the equivalent of an A* in my AS, and thats what I'm predicted for this year, but I would rather get B's in each exam and still come out with an A overall and focus on other subjects :P
Reply 41
feeling confident about this one! This has to be my fave topic out of the whole a level syllabus. Very interesting
Reply 42
Hey guys, do we have to know theories of science?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Hey guys, do we have to know theories of science?

Probably not. You could mention a few popular ones but simply explaining what scientific theories must constitute (rational thinking, remaining objective etc.) will more than likely get you the marks needed. I'm not really expecting science and religion to be the main 33 mark question. If it is it will probably tie in with secularisation but certainly not on its own.

Now I've said that it will inevitably come up as the 33 marker. :frown:
Sorry it took so long guys, anyway attached it all below.

I actually love you for this. Thanks.
Reply 45
I cant see Science theories coming up, it was one of the main 33 mark questions in June 2010.

"Assess the view that science has replaced religion as the main ideological influence in society today"

The other 33 was -

"Evaluate feminist views on the role and functions of religion in society today"

Question based on the Item was to do Organised Religion and New Age Movements.
Reply 46
Original post by Anthony93
I cant see Science theories coming up, it was one of the main 33 mark questions in June 2010.

"Assess the view that science has replaced religion as the main ideological influence in society today"

The other 33 was -

"Evaluate feminist views on the role and functions of religion in society today"

That first question is about secularisation not sciecne theories.
Reply 47

The other 33 was -

I hope it doesn't! I reckon we will be in store for reasons for the growth of NRM/NAM e.g. Relative deprivation etc, and a huge secularisation q! X
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
That first question is about secularisation not sciecne theories.

Thats what I meant :colondollar:
Its been a long day :frown:
Reply 49
I have a gut feeling that the 33 will be on Conservative Force/Influence and Secularisation because of the Pope's visit, if not Youth/Gender/Class my worst topic will appear :/
Reply 50
Thats what I meant :colondollar:
Its been a long day :frown:

We've done a load on science and it replacing religion as a whole separate topic to secularisation - I reckon it counts in ideology etc too as u can argue whether religion is an ideology in that too. I doubt it will be social change because our mock was on it from a past paper last january - if it was on that I would cry in the exam hall with happiness?!?! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 51
Original post by Rachel_Leah
We've done a load on science and it replacing religion as a whole separate topic to secularisation - I reckon it counts in ideology etc too as u can argue whether religion is an ideology in that too. I doubt it will be social change because our mock was on it from a past paper last january - if it was on that I would cry in the exam hall with happiness?!?! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha! I wouldn't mind that topic! We have done all the possible papers now, so I can't remember what questions come up when! Atleast we get the choice of two, and more time than the AS Unit 1 paper which was also out of 60.
And its in the afternoon so we can revise in the morning :biggrin::biggrin:
does anyone have any links to past papers? :biggrin:
I'm actually bricking this :/ I think I'll be spendinh every spare moment in the library next week!
Reply 54
Predictions guys!

I'm going with social change / religious organisations
Reply 55
Predictions guys!

I'm going with social change / religious organisations

Wouldn't mind that to be honest!
Depending on the question could always bring in some argument that it can also be a conservative influence.

Religious Organisations is a nice topic, maybe something linked in with fundamentalism for the 33 marker? :smile:
has anybody got the june 2010 scly 3 paper for this particular section?
please :frown:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
I have a feeling it will be social change/conservative force or secularisation but could be globalisation!
Reply 58
I did the paper in june, it was hard. I only came out with just a C.

One of the smallest question was about church partpcation and sects/NRM/Cults.
Original post by shootforstars
I'm actually bricking this :/ I think I'll be spendinh every spare moment in the library next week!

Same, I did Unit 1 yesterday that was harsh, I'm really hoping this one isn't so harsh.
I met Keith Throbe who wrote the books and is one of the ones who makes the questions. and he said Ideology and Science will most probably be either the 18 or 33 marker.
I dont know which others one will be...

Quick Reply

Latest